The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Please may I ask if the interview>offer ratio is good at King’s. Is there any stats around this that someone could kindly point me to? Thanks
Original post by srmedi2224
Please may I ask if the interview>offer ratio is good at King’s. Is there any stats around this that someone could kindly point me to? Thanks

51%
- read the last couple of pages of which medical school thread post #5303 et supra!
Thank you!
Original post by srmedi2224
Thank you!

:h:
Reply 84
Hey all,

Would you guys say a ucat of 2880 band 1 is risky?

I have achieved a levels of A*AA and gcses of 99999888887
Reply 85
@MedMama pls help!!

I am a gap year student
Contextual
Achieved a levels of A*AA (A* in maths A in bio and chem)
GCSEs 99999888887 (9s in maths sciences and eng lang)
UCAT 2880 Band 1

How risky is KCL with my stats? I wanted to apply last year but my ucat was very low

Your help would be much appreciated
my daughter has
GCSEs 11 grade 9, one 8
Predicted A level
A* bio, A* chem, A math
UCAT 2720 band 2
Any chances of getting an interview with King's?
Original post by Nicole2023
my daughter has
GCSEs 11 grade 9, one 8
Predicted A level
A* bio, A* chem, A math
UCAT 2720 band 2

would be risky
Reply 88
@reubenn05 could u check my stats just above please x
Original post by reubenn05
would be risky

Original post by Nicole2023
my daughter has
GCSEs 11 grade 9, one 8
Predicted A level
A* bio, A* chem, A math
UCAT 2720 band 2

although this may end up being a less competitive year as a few new places
( Brunel et al)
and slightly lower number of people sitting UCAT than last year,
the assumption is that you need a UCAT in the 2800-3000 zone to be fairly safe applying to KCL
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by butterfl
@MedMama pls help!!

I am a gap year student
Contextual
Achieved a levels of A*AA (A* in maths A in bio and chem)
GCSEs 99999888887 (9s in maths sciences and eng lang)
UCAT 2880 Band 1

How risky is KCL with my stats? I wanted to apply last year but my ucat was very low

Your help would be much appreciated

should be ok, esp with contextual points
Reply 91
Hi guys would you recommend I apply to King's? I've got a good UCAT score, 2930 and also SJT band 1. I don't know how good that UCAT will be for Kings but it's the best part of my application. The problem is I've only got 5 A*s/9s and then 2 7s - but because my school wasn't good I believe those get counted as A*s too? Meaning 7A*s which would equal 30/40 points for GCSEs right, would that likely mean I won't get invited for interview then you guys reckon? You would suggest that even with a high ucat + band 1 sjt that not having max gcse points would be risky???
Applying to london unis only and rn I have not picked kcl because i think its too risky so can someone please tell me if it is risky or not with my grades:
Ucat: 3020 band 1
A lvls: A*AA predicted (A* bio, A chem + maths)
GCSEs: 999888776654 (9 in maths and 8 in eng lang however i resat eng lang as i originally got a 5 but they said they still accept it)
I live in polar 2 asw so i may get some contextual points.
Do you think its too risky as I only have 6 A*s for gcses (with one of them being a resit) so i hv half the gcse points even though I have a rly high ucat? Im greatful for any replies ty
Does anyone know what the point cut off for interviews is? Ive heard some people say last yrs was 129 but I have seen any sources so can someone provide some?
Hi! How does KCL decide whether schools outside of the UK are good or not when allocating points for GCSE-equivalent exam grades?
Reply 95
Original post by sunflower_97
Hi! How does KCL decide whether schools outside of the UK are good or not when allocating points for GCSE-equivalent exam grades?

They don't. International applicants don't get a WP uplift unless living in UK so there is data available, eg refugee status, I think
Original post by GANFYD
They don't. International applicants don't get a WP uplift unless living in UK so there is data available, eg refugee status, I think

Okay, so they will allocate marks to our GCSE-equivalent exam grades the same way they do to UK students for their GCSE exams?
Reply 97
Original post by sunflower_97
Okay, so they will allocate marks to our GCSE-equivalent exam grades the same way they do to UK students for their GCSE exams?

I don't know how they score people without GCSEs, sorry
Reply 98
Application sent. Good luck everyone.
Reply 99
@reubenn05 @MedMama could I apply to kings with UCAT: 2820 band 2, A-Level: A*A*A* predicted, GCSEs: 999999888?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending