The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Official University of Southampton freshers 2023 chat

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone! I'm a chemistry graduate from UoS from 2021 so if you have any questions about the Uni, life in Southampton or anything else :woo:
Huge congrats on getting your places :woohoo: and hope you have an awesome start to Uni life! Feel free to tag/quote me if you have any questions!
(edited 8 months ago)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
hi id recommend you check out unifi

I don't know about you but the GCs I'm in for Unifi are completely dead. There is literally no action...
It doesn't come with a lamp, id highly recommend bringing a lamp. It should come with a bin tho the one in my room was missing last year so I had to buy myself one.
Yeah my top tip is to request quiet in the box where you can type your specific access requirements
I don't know about you but the GCs I'm in for Unifi are completely dead. There is literally no action...

Try messaging on the Facebook group to get added to GCs
Thanks. This year you could only apply for adapted or quiet not both. Does the room come with a lamp and a bin? Is there anything else you recommend bringing?

It's not too late to contact halls to get them to make Ur flat quiet. Not being in a quiet flat when u wanted one can be really disruptive. If you can I'd recommend calling them to get it sorted
Thanks. This year you could only apply for adapted or quiet not both. Does the room come with a lamp and a bin? Is there anything else you recommend bringing?

Also, I'm guessing Ur disabled if Ur in an adapted room. I'm president of the Neurodiversity and Disability Society (NDDSoc) and we're on insta @nddsoc if u wanna come along and say hi. We have a very active discord chat for our members and have loads of socials. We are also running a buddy scheme for new Freshers to meet up with a 2nd/3rd year student weekly and basically have a uni older sibling. Give us a message on insta if you're interested and hopefully we'll see you soon.
Reply 26
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hi everyone! I'm a chemistry graduate from UoS from 2021 so if you have any questions about the Uni, life in Southampton or anything else :woo:
Huge congrats on getting your places :woohoo: and hope you have an awesome start to Uni life! Feel free to tag/quote me if you have any questions!

What are your career prospects looking like after you graduated?
What if you're struggling to make friends? I don't get along well with the people in my halls and freshers week didn't really help.
Original post by l3p3r
What are your career prospects looking like after you graduated?

Really great thanks! I've been working as a scientist in industry for 2 years and now, applying to new roles, I've had many more opportunities. Looking to go into a different scientific sector and explore my options :yes:
What if you're struggling to make friends? I don't get along well with the people in my halls and freshers week didn't really help.

Don't give up! Go to societies and join events that you would enjoy. This is a great way to make friends because they will have similar interests to you. Additionally, you may make friends on your course too :smile: don't be afraid to introduce yourself!

If you're not having the most fun at halls, you can always get in touch with the Student Life team at the accommodation sites, they may be able to help :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending