The Student Room Group

Official: Imperial College London A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HastyJaguar
Is it likely that the Number will increase drastically this year or hover around the same (10.3) please?

Was that the non contextual cutoff.?? Someone else said 11.3 😭 I’m hovering around 11-12
Reply 21
Original post by LIUDD
Was that the non contextual cutoff.?? Someone else said 11.3 😭 I’m hovering around 11-12

It is published on the website
Reply 22
Original post by GANFYD

Where?
Reply 23
Original post by GANFYD

Thank you, I’m not sure if it includes wp applicants because I think they said the average was 11.8
Reply 24
Original post by LIUDD
Where?

If you are thinking of applying somewhere, you really should have read the website multiple times, clicked on all the links and be an expert in all these things!
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate/medicine/
Reply 25
Original post by GANFYD
If you are thinking of applying somewhere, you really should have read the website multiple times, clicked on all the links and be an expert in all these things!
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate/medicine/

Thank you I have read the website, it’s just I don’t know if that is including wp as i dont fit any wp criteria
Reply 26
Original post by LIUDD
Thank you I have read the website, it’s just I don’t know if that is including wp as i dont fit any wp criteria

All candidates were required to score the minimum threshold in each Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3 as well as achieve or exceed the set threshold sum of scores of Sections 1 and 2.

For 2023 Entry, all candidates who submitted special circumstances via Cambridge Assessment were eligible for an uplift of between 0.25-1.5, according to the severity level attributed by Cambridge Assessment. These uplifts were applied to the total sum of scores of Sections 1 and 2. We were not able to consider special circumstances for anyone who did not communicate them to Cambridge Assessment

For those students identified as Widening Participation, have declared carer status, or involved in Imperial Outreach programme, a contextualised adjustment of 1.0 was made to the sum of scores of Sections 1 and 2. The adjustment reflected the overall difference in performance between flagged and non-flagged candidates.

All uplifts applied by Imperial College School of Medicine based on Special Circumstances and/or Widening Participation are applied to the sum of scores of Sections 1 and 2.

For 2023 Entry, the following BMAT thresholds were applied.

BMAT Thresholds for Home Applicants
Section 1: 3.5
Section 2: 3.5
Section 3: 2.5 C
Minimum Sum of Scores of Sections 1 and 2 (inclusive of all uplifts): 10.3

So cut off was 10.3, after you have had any adjustments added on, if you are due any? Effectively, the cut off was 9.3 for WP, but they got a point added on
Reply 27
Original post by GANFYD
All candidates were required to score the minimum threshold in each Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3 as well as achieve or exceed the set threshold sum of scores of Sections 1 and 2.

For 2023 Entry, all candidates who submitted special circumstances via Cambridge Assessment were eligible for an uplift of between 0.25-1.5, according to the severity level attributed by Cambridge Assessment. These uplifts were applied to the total sum of scores of Sections 1 and 2. We were not able to consider special circumstances for anyone who did not communicate them to Cambridge Assessment

For those students identified as Widening Participation, have declared carer status, or involved in Imperial Outreach programme, a contextualised adjustment of 1.0 was made to the sum of scores of Sections 1 and 2. The adjustment reflected the overall difference in performance between flagged and non-flagged candidates.

All uplifts applied by Imperial College School of Medicine based on Special Circumstances and/or Widening Participation are applied to the sum of scores of Sections 1 and 2.

For 2023 Entry, the following BMAT thresholds were applied.

BMAT Thresholds for Home Applicants
Section 1: 3.5
Section 2: 3.5
Section 3: 2.5 C
Minimum Sum of Scores of Sections 1 and 2 (inclusive of all uplifts): 10.3

So cut off was 10.3, after you have had any adjustments added on, if you are due any? Effectively, the cut off was 9.3 for WP, but they got a point added on

ohh, thank you
I think I can definitely get that :smile: but isn’t the average 12?
Reply 28
Original post by LIUDD
ohh, thank you
I think I can definitely get that :smile: but isn’t the average 12?

No idea, but you don't need to get the average, you need to get at or above the cut off!
Reply 29
Original post by GANFYD
No idea, but you don't need to get the average, you need to get at or above the cut off!

Okay Ty:smile: I had no idea the cutoff was 10.3 so is that around 5.15 in both s1 and s2?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 30
Original post by LIUDD
Okay Ty:smile: I had no idea the cutoff was 10.3 so is that around 5.15 in both s1 and s2?

It doesn't matter, as long as you get 3.5 in each section and a 2.5C in S3, could be 3.5 and 6.8 (or whatever the cut off is this year)
Reply 31
Original post by GANFYD
It doesn't matter, as long as you get 3.5 in each section and a 2.5C in S3, could be 3.5 and 6.8 (or whatever the cut off is this year)

I don’t think that the cutoff would be 3.5 that’s just the threshold they set and the threshold was a minimum sum of 10.3 but I don’t think that was the cutoff or lowest invited for interview because of how many spaces
Reply 32
Original post by LIUDD
I don’t think that the cutoff would be 3.5 that’s just the threshold they set and the threshold was a minimum sum of 10.3 but I don’t think that was the cutoff or lowest invited for interview because of how many spaces

The cut off was 10.3. Anybody who scored this (or better) was interviewed, as long as they got at least 3.5, 3.5, 2.5C. They do not care how you make the 10.3 up, provided you make the threshold
Reply 33
Original post by GANFYD
The cut off was 10.3. Anybody who scored this (or better) was interviewed, as long as they got at least 3.5, 3.5, 2.5C. They do not care how you make the 10.3 up, provided you make the threshold

Ohh thank you so is the threshold 3.5 3.5
Reply 34
Original post by LIUDD

So could be 3.5 and 6.5? thank you
Reply 35
Original post by GANFYD

Do you think it could go up this year maybe because it’s the last year of using the bmat or if people get higher scores?
Reply 36
Original post by LIUDD
So could be 3.5 and 6.5? thank you

Well, that would only be 10, and you needed 10.3 last year! So 3.5 and 6.8, as I said earlier

Original post by LIUDD

Yes - it says this on their website. Like I say, read it all, very carefully.

Original post by LIUDD
Do you think it could go up this year maybe because it’s the last year of using the bmat or if people get higher scores?

It could do, but BMAT results are standardised so 5 is average, so depends on those applying to Imperial
Reply 37
Original post by GANFYD
Well, that would only be 10, and you needed 10.3 last year! So 3.5 and 6.8, as I said earlier

Yes - it says this on their website. Like I say, read it all, very carefully.

It could do, but BMAT results are standardised so 5 is average, so depends on those applying to Imperial

Oh okay I think I understand
heyy,

I was just wondering if anyone had the specific link for the widening participation criteria listed by Imperial (pertaining to qualifying for an uplift for the bmat) as they have a lot of links and resources regarding contextual offers and schemes for outreach programmes, however, I can't find one that is related to uni specifically. :frown:

any help would be appreciated!!
Reply 39
Original post by ethnicphilonoist
heyy,

I was just wondering if anyone had the specific link for the widening participation criteria listed by Imperial (pertaining to qualifying for an uplift for the bmat) as they have a lot of links and resources regarding contextual offers and schemes for outreach programmes, however, I can't find one that is related to uni specifically. :frown:

any help would be appreciated!!

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/apply/undergraduate/process/admissions-schemes/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending