The Student Room Group

Childcare grant 23/24

When should the childcare grant show for 23/24?
It"s currently showing the outstanding balance for 22/23 but this runs up to 31st August 2023.
What happens from 1st September? Does my provider just complete as usual?
I am a 2nd year returning student. I have received my student finance notification letter but it says I will be notified separately for childcare? I've not had anything through as yet and financial circumstances are similar to last year so should still qualify.
Original post by Mav_09
When should the childcare grant show for 23/24?
It"s currently showing the outstanding balance for 22/23 but this runs up to 31st August 2023.
What happens from 1st September? Does my provider just complete as usual?
I am a 2nd year returning student. I have received my student finance notification letter but it says I will be notified separately for childcare? I've not had anything through as yet and financial circumstances are similar to last year so should still qualify.

Hi Mav,

Normally the Childcare Grant letter will be separate on your account. Can you confirm when the application was approved?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. I applied back in May and i assumed it was all sorted was just waiting for my letter but it's now come to light, after phoning SFE that there was an error and it showed I was overscaled but I wasn't? I spoke to an advisor who has sent me another form to complete which I uploaded last Friday.
Do you know the current timescale of how long this could take to assess? Starting to panic as obviously it's the new academic year from Friday and feel it's unfair as it's not really my fault 😒
Stressing about childcare from next week.
Original post by Mav_09
Thanks for your reply. I applied back in May and i assumed it was all sorted was just waiting for my letter but it's now come to light, after phoning SFE that there was an error and it showed I was overscaled but I wasn't? I spoke to an advisor who has sent me another form to complete which I uploaded last Friday.
Do you know the current timescale of how long this could take to assess? Starting to panic as obviously it's the new academic year from Friday and feel it's unfair as it's not really my fault 😒
Stressing about childcare from next week.

Hi Mav,

The current processing timescales are approximately 26 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Mav,

The current processing timescales are approximately 26 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes.

Thanks, Clare

Thank you. I haven't had anything through as yet, once it's confirmed will the entitlement start from 1st September? I'm just concerned as if it's not sorted out from Monday then I will have to pay my childminder as its paid in arrears. Will it be backdated so if my childminder agrees she will reimburse me for any charges from 1st September once its sorted? Thanks.
Original post by Mav_09
Thank you. I haven't had anything through as yet, once it's confirmed will the entitlement start from 1st September? I'm just concerned as if it's not sorted out from Monday then I will have to pay my childminder as its paid in arrears. Will it be backdated so if my childminder agrees she will reimburse me for any charges from 1st September once its sorted? Thanks.

Hi Mav,

Yes, once it's processed you'd be backdated any monies owed to you. It will also start from the first day declared on your childcare periods. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending