The Student Room Group

EY graduate scheme 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi everyone, I completed my EY one assessment on the 9th of October but have only had generic emails like we're reviewing your application since then, do you think its worth getting in contact with them to ask for an update, or just continue waiting? I don't want to seem impatient
Reply 81
Original post by 1604

Virtual- it involves 2 exercises- a written one and group

No interview?? Do they have another stage after the experience day?
Reply 82
Original post by grad2425
No interview?? Do they have another stage after the experience day?

I think it depends on what scheme you apply for. After the experience day, there is a final interview for most schemes, but according to the website, "If you are applying for the Assurance Graduate Programme, we will be holding in-person EY Experience Days in one of our UK offices which will also incorporate the final interview"
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by nssynyc
Applied for Strategy and Transaction and completed my EY One on 11/10. My portal updated on Monday saying that they're shortlisting people for Experience Day and then got an email saying the same thing yesterday. This morning I had another email saying that they're conducting a final review of my application and that I will be told soon if I make it to Experience Day or not, however when I checked on the portal later in the afternoon it said "Thanks for attending our EY Experience Day. We'll contact you with an update soon" when I've not even been invited to Experience Day. Anyone else experienced this or could this just be a glitch?

I applied for Assurance and I've had exactly the same message on my portal "Thanks for attending our EY Experience Day" etc, and I also haven't even been invited to one yet.

Have you heard anything else back from them yet?
Reply 84
Original post by Seasider99

I applied for Assurance and I've had exactly the same message on my portal "Thanks for attending our EY Experience Day" etc, and I also haven't even been invited to one yet.

Have you heard anything else back from them yet?

I called them up this morning and they said from their side that it says my application is under final review for shortlisting and to ignore what it says on my portal and that it’s just a glitch but I’m honestly hoping that it is and it’s not just me not making the cut and them saying that I’ve done the AC so they the system can put it straight to rejection after :/ Did you also get the email that they’re having a final review of your application and that they’ll let you know if you make it?
Reply 85
Original post by nssynyc
I called them up this morning and they said from their side that it says my application is under final review for shortlisting and to ignore what it says on my portal and that it’s just a glitch but I’m honestly hoping that it is and it’s not just me not making the cut and them saying that I’ve done the AC so they the system can put it straight to rejection after :/ Did you also get the email that they’re having a final review of your application and that they’ll let you know if you make it?

On my portal it says ‘congratulations youre invited to the experience day’ but I’ve not had an email. Do you think this is also a glitch :frown:(
Reply 86

On my portal it says ‘congratulations youre invited to the experience day’ but I’ve not had an email. Do you think this is also a glitch :frown:(

I would assume it may be a glitch but my previous email told me to check both my portal and email for updates so it may also be that your portal was updated first before EY sends out the invites via email because it seems that this is happening to few people as well. If you’re worried about it I would suggest calling their student recruitment hotline tomorrow to check with them with what’s going on before booking a slot if your portal allows you to do so now
Reply 87
Nope still can’t book a slot so definitely a glitch :frown:
Reply 88
Nope still can’t book a slot so definitely a glitch :frown:

Ah, at this point I would take what the portal says with a pinch of salt but definitely worth calling student recruitment to ask them about it! Hope all goes well for you!
Reply 89
Original post by safanadeem
I just submitted my EY one assessment, am i too late since they've already started shortlisting candidates for the AC?

Hi, any tips on the video interview part? like the types of questions and how much time is given to answer each question? Would really appreciate some tips as I am quite nervous about this part of the assessment. Thank you in advance.
Reply 90
So it took, on average, 3.5 weeks for most candidates to get the experience day invite? Just trying to gauge the situation here cause I haven’t gotten any updates since I did my assessment on 22/10 :/
Reply 91
Original post by sunduvan
So it took, on average, 3.5 weeks for most candidates to get the experience day invite? Just trying to gauge the situation here cause I haven’t gotten any updates since I did my assessment on 22/10 :/

I did my EY one on 27/09 and was told I was through to next stage early November so more than 3.5 weeks for me
Reply 92
Just called and I am through to the experience day but my portal is just whack!! So happy (and relieved)
Original post by nssynyc

Yes I got exactly the same email about them conducting a final review of my application and performance.

As you say, hoping it doesn't mean a rejection! 😭

Did they give you any sort of idea as to when you will hear as to whether you've been invited to an assessment centre?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 94
Original post by Seasider99

Yes I got exactly the same email about them conducting a final review of my application and performance.

As you say, hoping it doesn't mean a rejection! 😭

Did they give you any sort of idea as to when you will hear as to whether you've been invited to an assessment centre?

I asked them when but they said they’re not too sure and can’t give an estimate but just said I’ll hear back soon since my application is for final auditing now
Reply 95
Has anyone had their Experience Day for Extended Assurance yet? Does anyone know what it pertains? Just booked mine for the 14th so I feel that there is not much time to prep and I've been told nothing about what to expect!!
Reply 96
Has anyone had their Experience Day for Extended Assurance yet? Does anyone know what it pertains? Just booked mine for the 14th so I feel that there is not much time to prep and I've been told nothing about what to expect!!

I wouldn't worry about preparing too much - the day before they send email with all the information so spend the afternoon reviewing it. Not sure for extended assurance, but there was no interview for me just written exercise and group.
Reply 97
Anyone completed an experience day yet or know what to expect? Got mine on the 14th
Hey guys, I completed my online assessment on 7th Oct and haven't heard back :frown: My portal status is just saying "Thank You! We will contact you soon with an update on your application". I emailed them about it three days ago and no reply yet (I cannot call them because of my phone plan). I am just worried because of the visa sponsor deadline, etc. Any suggestions? I applied for tech consulting in Manchester (Sept intake). Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Did anyone get the feedback report for online assessment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending