The Student Room Group

University applications

Hi, I got my gcse results today and I was worried that it would decrease the amount of universities that I could apply to. I got 988777766 and I am aiming for Russel Group universities. Does this limit my options? Because I want to do Law in university and I have heard that it’s very competitive, by the way I’m choosing maths english literature and economics for a levels (Maths 9, English lit an 8 but English language a 7 so does that limit my options too?)
These are v good results. I think you can relax, congratulate yourself, and apply wherever you like next term.
Original post by butlike
Hi, I got my gcse results today and I was worried that it would decrease the amount of universities that I could apply to. I got 988777766 and I am aiming for Russel Group universities. Does this limit my options? Because I want to do Law in university and I have heard that it’s very competitive, by the way I’m choosing maths english literature and economics for a levels (Maths 9, English lit an 8 but English language a 7 so does that limit my options too?)

Hey there @butlike !

Firstly congratulations on your results! Secondly, these are very good results and they're pretty consistent throughout. I'd say you have nothing to worry about. The only other thing I'd say is some uni degrees say in their entry requirements that you need to have an A Level in a relevant subject to get in so I'd have a look if there was a specific university you were going for and see if you need to have a Law A Level to get in, although I'd say economics could be classed as a relevant subject.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Reply 3
Original post by hallamstudents
Hey there @butlike !

Firstly congratulations on your results! Secondly, these are very good results and they're pretty consistent throughout. I'd say you have nothing to worry about. The only other thing I'd say is some uni degrees say in their entry requirements that you need to have an A Level in a relevant subject to get in so I'd have a look if there was a specific university you were going for and see if you need to have a Law A Level to get in, although I'd say economics could be classed as a relevant subject.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

thanks so much! my friend said it has more to do with UCAS than your actual gcses. is that true? she said if you get the ucas points they want and a level results they require there should be no reason for them to reject you.
i’ve looked into ucl and imperil because those r the options i’m aiming for (fingers crossed) but do tou think that even if i get the grades they want they won’t accept me because of my gcses?
do tou think i should do some things to get me extra ucas points so that i dan stand out from the crowd specifically because I didn’t do as well as others probably did when applying for those unis? (because they’re obvs very competitive)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending