The Student Room Group

Bad gcse

My GCSEs were way worse than I was expecting (1 9, 5 8s, 1 7 and 2 6s) and I wanted to go a good uni, maybe lse or similar, will I still have a chance? Considering other people in my school got 9 9s or the like, so it’s way worse than I could have got
(edited 8 months ago)
Hi, honestly you did really well. Considering the fact 8's and 9's are equally considered as A*'s. Well done! You will have a good shot with your GCSEs at unis if you continue your effort into A levels and uni applications. Usually, many unis don't score GCSEs and just look at them as minimum requirements but Oxbridge usually do and in many courses, your GCEs would be strong enough. Focus more on admissions tests and A levels and you will get in wherever you aspire!
Original post by Georg0
My GCSEs were way worse than I was expecting (1 9, 5 8s, 1 7 and 2 6s) and I wanted to go a good uni, maybe lse or similar, will I still have a chance? Considering other people in my school got 9 9s or the like, so it’s way worse than I could have got
Original post by Georg0

Universities don't heavily consider GCSEs, and these are good GCSEs so you have a very good chance of getting into "good" universities

Quick Reply

Latest