The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Trevs 2023 offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Hi - has anyone had an email to confirm your arrival time? Also, bit random but is there a bin provided in the rooms? Thank you!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi - has anyone had an email to confirm your arrival time? Also, bit random but is there a bin provided in the rooms? Thank you!

Current student so not sure about arrival times, have you had the form to ask what time you want to arrive yet?
Bins are provided, we actually got two, one for recycling and one for general waste.
Current student so not sure about arrival times, have you had the form to ask what time you want to arrive yet?
Bins are provided, we actually got two, one for recycling and one for general waste.

Amazing thanks! Yep completed the form but no email to confirm time yet. Maybe I’ll call them tomorrow.
Amazing thanks! Yep completed the form but no email to confirm time yet. Maybe I’ll call them tomorrow.

Honestly I’m not sure if you’re meant to, probably best to check but normally when I fill in forms with the uni I never get confirmation so am always living in the mystery of whether I actually filled it in and they got it or not.
Honestly I’m not sure if you’re meant to, probably best to check but normally when I fill in forms with the uni I never get confirmation so am always living in the mystery of whether I actually filled it in and they got it or not.

Ah OK. Good to know, thanks :smile:
I’ve checked the induction planner today and looks like trevs events have now gone up!
Can anyone explain the optional college charges? What if anything do you need to pay for before you arrive? Do you need to join JCR before you arrive in order to go to freshers events or is there a separate charge for freshers week events - I can only see one for the freshers bop on the college charges page?

Thank you!
does anyone know what we wear for matriculation? is it strictly black/white or will colours do as well? thanks
does anyone know what we wear for matriculation? is it strictly black/white or will colours do as well? thanks

I believe this information should be in the college handbook. I wore black and white last year however there were definitely some people wearing other colours, but I’m not sure if this is actually allowed.
Can anyone explain the optional college charges? What if anything do you need to pay for before you arrive? Do you need to join JCR before you arrive in order to go to freshers events or is there a separate charge for freshers week events - I can only see one for the freshers bop on the college charges page?

Thank you!

I’ve just had a look, as of now you could purchase either the freshers bop ticket or the platinum pass (multiple events included). The JCR levy is not currently listed, I believe last year we paid this during freshers week. I’m not sure how the JCR levy affects your ability to go to events though
I’ve just had a look, as of now you could purchase either the freshers bop ticket or the platinum pass (multiple events included). The JCR levy is not currently listed, I believe last year we paid this during freshers week. I’m not sure how the JCR levy affects your ability to go to events though

If you go through the trevelyan college welcome to new undergraduates page on the Durham website there is a link to the JCR levy fee.
What are the rules with having a friend coming to stay for the weekend? Do they need to be signed in?
What are the rules with having a friend coming to stay for the weekend? Do they need to be signed in?

The full official rules to this are in the college handbook. A friend can stay 3 out of 7 nights and according to the college handbook they need to be signed in with the porters.
Thanks! I guess I should always check there first :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest