The Student Room Group

What's the highest grade I can get?

So I've just finished my first year in Level 3 Animal Management and its an extended diploma. I received a pass overall for my first year, I was just wondering what's the highest grade I could get at the end of the course as I'm hoping to go to uni and I would need a DMM. Obviously I would try to aim for distinctions in all my future assignments, but is it possible to have an overall grade of DMM at the end of the course?
Original post by lw1106
So I've just finished my first year in Level 3 Animal Management and its an extended diploma. I received a pass overall for my first year, I was just wondering what's the highest grade I could get at the end of the course as I'm hoping to go to uni and I would need a DMM. Obviously I would try to aim for distinctions in all my future assignments, but is it possible to have an overall grade of DMM at the end of the course?

A DMM from a Pass might be pushing it. If it is a BTEC L3, it will depend on what grades / points you also got for the exam units. Let me know the unit numbers you have completed and the grade for each and I can calculate it for you.
Reply 2
Honestly I am not sure what units I did or what grades I got as the website that had all my grades on has taken all them off. But you are probably right it is pushing it as I only got one distinction, a few merits and the rest passes in my course work and then for my two exams I only got high passes.
Original post by bamtutor
A DMM from a Pass might be pushing it. If it is a BTEC L3, it will depend on what grades / points you also got for the exam units. Let me know the unit numbers you have completed and the grade for each and I can calculate it for you.
Original post by lw1106
Honestly I am not sure what units I did or what grades I got as the website that had all my grades on has taken all them off. But you are probably right it is pushing it as I only got one distinction, a few merits and the rest passes in my course work and then for my two exams I only got high passes.

Your tutor should be able to get a list for you when college re-starts. They can also use the specification or the BTEC calculator to work it predicted grade for year 2. https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Animal-Management/2016/specification-and-sample-assessments/9781446935743_BTEC_Nat_ExtDip_ANMGT_Spec_Iss2C2.pdf https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/using-the-next-generation-btec-nqf-grade-calculator.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending