The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL chemistry

:smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Possumm8
Hey guys anyone at UCL 2023, who is studying BASc arts and sciences and wants to switch to do chemistry? I am looking to do the BASc but the course is full so I was wondering if maybe anyone was looking to swap the opposite way :smile:

That's not how these things work generally.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
That's not how these things work generally.

But surely, if both of us had the entry requirments and both of us wanted to swap. it would mean a space has opened up on each course, no?
But surely, if both of us had the entry requirments and both of us wanted to swap. it would mean a space has opened up on each course, no?

Trying to coordinate something like that would probably be a major headache for the departments involved and thus they'd most likely rather just not do it. I would be quite surprised if they would (or could even) facilitate something along those lines.
Bro acting like this is an accommodation room swap 😂😂
Reply 5
Trying to coordinate something like that would probably be a major headache for the departments involved and thus they'd most likely rather just not do it. I would be quite surprised if they would (or could even) facilitate something along those lines.o

So technically there could be space on the arts and science degree but they are telling me it’s full because it is a headache to do?
Reply 6
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Bro acting like this is an accommodation room swap 😂😂

🫶🏻
So technically there could be space on the arts and science degree but they are telling me it’s full because it is a headache to do?

There probably isn't space, but there's a difference between "we have a space and a student wants to swap in" and "we don't have a space and a student wants to convince another student to exchange places on courses in two separate departments, necessitating they get all their offers swapped around, all their admin info sent from one department to another, change all their registration, and hope both students are happy with this and one doesn't decide after two weeks it was a mistake and demand to have their place back which no longer exists".
Reply 8
There probably isn't space, but there's a difference between "we have a space and a student wants to swap in" and "we don't have a space and a student wants to convince another student to exchange places on courses in two separate departments, necessitating they get all their offers swapped around, all their admin info sent from one department to another, change all their registration, and hope both students are happy with this and one doesn't decide after two weeks it was a mistake and demand to have their place back which no longer exists".

I am not convincing anyone to exchange places. I am literally simply asking if anyone is looking to swap for a chemistry degree. I don’t see the issue, if no one replied then okay but if someone says they do want to then at least I will know someone is looking to swap out, lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending