The Student Room Group

career choices

Does anyone know any career which involves penetration testing and embeded systems(e.g. Arduino, Raspberry PI) which are also high paying.
Reply 1
Original post by randInt47
Does anyone know any career which involves penetration testing and embeded systems(e.g. Arduino, Raspberry PI) which are also high paying.

How about penetration tester or embedded systems engineer? Have you heard of Google?
Reply 2
Original post by hotpud
How about penetration tester or embedded systems engineer? Have you heard of Google?

Why did you think I said " any career which involves penetration testing AND embeded systems" I mean BOTH. Read the full paragraph before acting like some smartass
Reply 3
Why did you think I said " any career which involves penetration testing AND embeded systems" I mean BOTH. Read the full paragraph before acting like some smartass

And why do you think I suggested you Google jobs for penetration testing and embedded systems engineer? I used to work for Marconi Secure Systems (sadly no longer around) and they did just that - embedded engineering and penetration testing. That said, most people do one or the other but some floated there. But if you are after something specific, you will need to find it e.g. Google.
Reply 4
Original post by hotpud
And why do you think I suggested you Google jobs for penetration testing and embedded systems engineer? I used to work for Marconi Secure Systems (sadly no longer around) and they did just that - embedded engineering and penetration testing. That said, most people do one or the other but some floated there. But if you are after something specific, you will need to find it e.g. Google.

Oh ok now I get what you mean. Apologies.
Reply 5
Oh ok now I get what you mean. Apologies.

No worries. Another way in might be to contact some IT based recruitment agents. But be warned. They will only help you if you can earn them money so be ready with a CV full of buzz words.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending