The Student Room Group

Civil Engineering - laptop specification

Hi,

Hoping somebody can advise on any particular requirements for a laptop - I'll be studying Civil Engineering and wondered which processor/RAM/dedicated graphics card is best? I'm awaiting a response from NUT but in the meantime any help would be greatly received.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hey. I always said it and i will always say it. It all comes to budget, but if you have money - buy macbook. It is lightest on market which is quite handy for you as you would need to bring it here and there. It has best battery on market, so it could work up to 20 hours without charge(depends on model). And its build quality is obviously best because it is Apple - overpriced but good. So depending on your budget you need to consider your laptop. More than grand - MacBook Pro 2018 or you can get new MacBook 2022 Air(smaller screen). But what you need to do first is search up software that you would need to use, as quite a lot of it isnt available on MacOS for free, so make sure it is available. If your budget is smaller, lmk and i would give you some other recomendations.(but please dont buy some bad asuses, acers and etc just because they are cheap and got cool cpu or gpu, they would start lagging in a month)

Quick Reply

Latest