The Student Room Group

how to get an unconditional offer as an international student?

what if the only international requirement i can meet is a foundation year? am i guaranteed a spot if i finish the foundation year or not?
Reply 1
If the Foundation is run by a Uni, then 'successful completion' is a requirement to progress to the main degree.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
If the Foundation is run by a Uni, then 'successful completion' is a requirement to progress to the main degree.

ooh,, so if i complete it then i can directly go to my main degree after the foundation year? if the uni offers me an offer for foundation then its still a conditional one till i complete the foundation year or is it entirely different? thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by ghmmy
ooh,, so if i complete it then i can directly go to my main degree after the foundation year? if the uni offers me an offer for foundation then its still a conditional one till i complete the foundation year or is it entirely different? thanks!

You will need to pass the Foundation at whatever the required level is by that Uni.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
You will need to pass the Foundation at whatever the required level is by that Uni.

ooh i see,, thank youu
Reply 5
Original post by xgecemx
Alright mate,

If the only requirement you meet is the foundation year, that doesn't guarantee you an unconditional offer. The foundation year just prepares you for university-level study.

After you finish the foundation year, you'd still need to apply and meet the entry requirements for your degree program to get an unconditional offer. The university will look at your grades and everything from the foundation year when considering your application.

So do your best in the foundation year to strengthen your application! But no, finishing the foundation year alone doesn't mean you'll automatically get an unconditional offer. You still have to go through the application process like everyone else.

Hope this helps explain things! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

All the details for degrees with foundation years I've seen basically say if you pass the foundation year with any required progression checks, you progress straight on to the degree course. They say nothing about having to apply all over again.

Here's an example: https://courses.leeds.ac.uk/g521/studies-in-science-with-foundation-year-bsc#content

Can you show an example which explains that someone will have to apply again after the foundation year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending