The Student Room Group

UCAS Applications + Uni Applicant Thread Directory for 2024 **Official Thread**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 43
Original post by dyrlwn
I've been debating between my 5 UCAS options: Oxford, UCL/LSE, Kings, Manchester and Leeds.

\I am applying with actual results (A*A*A achieved). Personally, I feel like my grades are not as outstanding as many others, and I did not do any EPQs related to Law. However, I do have quite a lot of Music ABRSM achievements, olympiad maths competition awards, and loads of extracurriculars that are somehow not really related to Law.

I have done the LNAT, and I left feeling uncertain about my performance, but I think my essay was not as great as I wanted it to be due to the time constraint.

Do you guys have any suggestions on my 5 UCAS choices and how I can change them? I'm also particularly worried that I might be rejected from all 5 offers after seeing many students with excellent stats (even some with 30+ LNAT) get rejected from G5. My application for Oxford is unrealistic, but to be honest, I just want to give it a try rather than regret not applying in the future. Also, should I go for LSE or UCL? Your input is appreciated

You can stay get in to Oxford with your grades A*A*A I know someone who went Oxford studying Medicine with grades A*A*A.

You are likely to be accepted to these Unis.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 44
Hi is there a threat for UCL?
Reply 46
My two UCAS Conservatoires referees haven't received anything to ask them to submit a reference, even though entered details into application and clicked request reference. On UCAS, my referee got an automated email straight away with instructions. Does anyone know if it works differently on conservatoire platform? Don't know if it's failed or it just takes longer as not automated?
Reply 47
can someone create a biotechnology thread? i would but i feel awkward about it.
(edited 5 months ago)
@normaw is there a creative writing one?
Reply 49
@normaw is there a biotechnology thread?
Hello! Is there a postgrad thread for LSE 2024/25 applicants?
Is there a BA Music thread?
Original post by CamembertPaws
Applying to Uni in 2024? :smile:

Welcome! First things first, why not introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying for 2024 :woo: and then explore our handy directory below:

Here we have compiled an easy-to-use list of University 2024 Applicant Threads, Just click on the link for your desired University to be taken through to the thread :cool: these are a great way to chat with fellow students, share your experience of applying to university and ask any questions :horns:

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

WXYZ

Universities outside the UK:
Hong Kong >>
Ireland
USA/Ivy League