The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official University College London Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University College London Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University College London.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey guys, I’m taking a gap year this year and I’ve got my A levels now (A*AA in bio, chem and psych but getting a remark though so it could hopefully be 2 A*), last year I was rejected from ucl for biomedical sciences when I had 3A*’s predicted. Is it worth applying again as I have my grades? I have lots of experience in labs so I don’t really know what more I can do to increase my chances of getting an offer. Also is it worth applying for both neuroscience and human neuroscience?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by gt4
Hey guys, I’m taking a gap year this year and I’ve got my A levels now (A*AA in bio, chem and psych but getting a remark though so it could hopefully be 2 A*), last year I was rejected from ucl for biomedical sciences when I had 3A*’s predicted. Is it worth applying again as I have my grades? I have lots of experience in labs so I don’t really know what more I can do to increase my chances of getting an offer. Also is it worth applying for both neuroscience and human neuroscience?

I am applying to UCL this year with my A-Levels achieved (resitting one of them), and I truly believe that you should try again. Just edit your personal statement again to make sure it is perfect. It is also worth noting that Now that you have your grades, what you say will hold more substance than your previous attempt. Therefore, do try again, the worst they can say is no, yet if you succeed, you will be given the opportunity to attend one of the worlds finest universities.
Original post by StandorDeliver
I am applying to UCL this year with my A-Levels achieved (resitting one of them), and I truly believe that you should try again. Just edit your personal statement again to make sure it is perfect. It is also worth noting that Now that you have your grades, what you say will hold more substance than your previous attempt. Therefore, do try again, the worst they can say is no, yet if you succeed, you will be given the opportunity to attend one of the worlds finest universities.

Defo back this.
My brother applied during a gap yr, and he was also resorting two of his subjects. He had been rejected the first year, but got in the second year.
Although this was 4 years ago, it should still stand - you shouldn’t consider not applying again at all. Go for it I say.
Reply 4
hey guys im applying to ucl this year for economics, my a levels are physics, maths, further maths, and economics
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University College London Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University College London.

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Hi, I'm Lara!
I'm studying classics, history and drama predicted A*A*A, applying for classics and the ancient world. I'm super excited to start uni and although UCL is my top choice, I am curious to know about green spaces and sports teams as I play field hocky and lacrosse. I won't be attending open days but have been to summer schools held at UCL. Super excited to apply!
(edited 5 months ago)
Hi there,

hello everyone, i am Emmanuella and I want to apply to Experimental Linguistics (Bsc) at UCL :biggrin:!
Reply 7
hi guys ive applied to ucl for french & italian! i went to a summer school there this last summer and loved it sooo i decided to apply :smile:
Reply 8
Hi I'm Hugo!
I got A*AA this year studying Sociology, Politics and Law and have applied for Politics & International Relations :biggrin:
Hi I'm Laurence :biggrin:
I'm also taking a gap year but I'm not retaking any of my exams. I'm applying with 4A*4A and a D (in economics, sadly) and I've applied for History (3yrs)
best of luck everyone
Original post by gt4

hello everyone! i’m also applying for biomed with A*AA predicted in bio chem and math (kinda worried as this person was rejected previously with 3A* predicted :0)
Helloo who has already submitted their application?
Original post by pigeonwarrior

I have. I've applied to BSC Geology.

Yep, have applied for Maths
Original post by StandorDeliver
I have. I've applied to BSC Geology.

Nice! I'm applying for biochem :smile:
Original post by AnotherStudent!
Yep, have applied for Maths

Sounds good! I applied for biochemistry!

I have! BSc Biology! Wbu?
Hello guys 👋

Anyone applied/applying to study Media?
Original post by bethgburke
I have! BSc Biology! Wbu?

I'm going to shoot off my application tomorrow for biochem!
Hi there,

Hi guys,

I just submitted my application for politics at UCL. predicted 3 A*s in History,Politics and Economics. UCL is the dream haha. good luck to all of you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending