The Student Room Group

Official Geology/Earth Science applicants thread 2024

idk anyone else who is applying so would be nice to see how others are doing with their applications so far, lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Lunninagh
idk anyone else who is applying so would be nice to see how others are doing with their applications so far, lol

Hi I am!! Where r u applying to?
Reply 2
Original post by RubyG1623
Hi I am!! Where r u applying to?

I'm applying to imperial, exeter, UCL & manchester for earth sci, then geography with econ at LSE. you?
Reply 3
I'm applying to imperial, exeter, UCL & manchester for earth sci, then geography with econ at LSE. you?

Cool! I'm applying to Bristol, Birmingham, leeds,Durham and South Hampton all for geology
Reply 4
Original post by RubyG1623
Cool! I'm applying to Bristol, Birmingham, leeds,Durham and South Hampton all for geology

Nice, gl! what subjects do you do? I do maths, biology & geography
Reply 5
Nice, gl! what subjects do you do? I do maths, biology & geography

Mine are nearly the same I take biology, chemistry and geography:smile: I hope the offers are low because I know not many people do geology

[Threads merged to prevent duplication]

Are you applying to study geology/earth science at university this year?
Well this is the place for you!

Tell us about ...

Specific course:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Any questions:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.
(edited 6 months ago)
Hi everyone,
Nice to see your thinking about applying for Earth sciences/Geology!
I'm currently in my 3rd year at Lancaster studying Physical Geography, but in my 1st year studied Earth and Environmental Science.
If you have any questions about what studying Geography/Earth sciences at uni is like, please feel free to ask!
- Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 8
Here, I applied for Imperial, Oxford, UCL, St Andrews and LSE!

Hi @Lunninagh,

It's great to hear you are interested in applying to the University of Exeter! Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
It might also be worth getting in contact with one our current students studying Geography or Earth Sciences if you have any subject specific questions or concerns - you can do this through our online messaging and chat service, linked here.

Best of luck with your application!

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Hello!
Lancaster has a wide range of degrees within Lancaster Environment Centre that suit all interests! From Ecology and Conservation, Physical Geography to Earth and Environmental Science! These all have varying modules but can easily pick between degrees. At Lancaster you can also take a minor in many other departments across the University, allowing you to minor in another of your interests! I'm happy to answer any further questions about the different degrees if you're interested!

Thanks,
Lucy (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

im also applying for earth sci!, im applying to UCL, manchester,st andrews and durham. im not really sure about my fifth option!. Have you guys got any offers yet?
Reply 12
Original post by emiemiemi13
im also applying for earth sci!, im applying to UCL, manchester,st andrews and durham. im not really sure about my fifth option!. Have you guys got any offers yet?

Hi! Cool, no I haven't got any my college hasn't sent my application to UCAS yet, what's your favorite uni out of those?
I’m applying to Birmingham, Cardiff, Keele, Glasgow and Liverpool all for geology :smile: think I’ll end up at Keele or Birmingham so anyone else applying there?
Currently taking Geology Geography and English language
(edited 5 months ago)
Hello!
Lancaster is a great potential option for Earth and Environmental Science! We are currently 13th in the league tables and have an environment centre dedicated to the study of the environment. We undertake many field trips so constantly hands on outdoors! Our lecturers are also researchers so our learning often comes straight from their own experiences, which other universities may not have! We are very proud of our rankings and I am happy to take anymore questions or queries about the course or university in general!

Lucy (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Original post by emiemiemi13
Reply 15
Original post by cupboardfrog
I’m applying to Birmingham, Cardiff, Keele, Glasgow and Liverpool all for geology :smile: think I’ll end up at Keele or Birmingham so anyone else applying there?
Currently taking Geology Geography and English language

I'm applying there, have you got offers yet?
Reply 16
Hi! I’ve applied for geology at Durham, Bristol, Leicester, Liverpool and Exeter. Currently received offers from Durham and Bristol:

Durham : BBB/ABC
Bristol : BBC
Exeter: BBC

Buzzing!!!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by mleffler
Hi! I’ve applied for geology at Durham, Bristol, Leicester, Liverpool and Exeter. Currently received offers from Durham and Bristol:

Buzzing!!!

Although I was wondering, has anyone else received offers yet? It feels really weird getting them literally 1 week after I had my UCAS submitted
Reply 18
Although I was wondering, has anyone else received offers yet? It feels really weird getting them literally 1 week after I had my UCAS submitted

Same! I was wondering whether it ea because it's not competitive. I got AAB for Durham and BBC for Bristol bsc geology what did they offer u?
Reply 19

Buzzing!!!

Well done they r great offers wish I got bbb for Durham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending