The Student Room Group

What to do ??

Hey all so iv been offered a web developer volunteering job with a company called educating beyond borders. They said that they will consider me for a job after 3 to 6 months once iv completed a task. But my parents are saying that it's a scam and want me to get a paid job now. Cos iv done internships before but didn't get a job out of them. But iv been trying to get a job for months now but I just get rejected and this is all I can get. I want to get into I.T so that's y I applied for this. So what should I do now??
Reply 1
Hi.

Was this position advertised as an internship, or a hourly/salaried employee position? There's some information on gov.uk which you might find useful, and might help you make a decision.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-rights-for-interns

Having said that, 3-6 months without pay is a long time. I've taken a look at the company website, and something feels a little off for me. There's very little information about them. Usually companies have more information about who they are and what they do, and this feels a bit lacking.

Good luck :-)
Hey, do u think that it's a scam?? My parents think that it is and she didn't tell me her full name or give me her phone number it was just an interview over Google meets
Original post by cherlloydfan1
Hey, do u think that it's a scam?? My parents think that it is and she didn't tell me her full name or give me her phone number it was just an interview over Google meets

They want you to work for them for for up to 6 months

average uk wage is ~£30k so they’re asking you to give them £10-15k of your time on a promise that they’ll “think about giving you a job” (yeah, we thought about it and, no, no job for you)

bottom line, they’ve valued your work as being worth zero pounds and zero pence.

if you have any self respect or value your time at more than this, you should tell them to do one

yes, it’s a scam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending