The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Can you wear luxury watches in York?

I'm an international student so I'm not too familiar with the UK but I've seen a lot of news surrounding watch theft in the UK. I will be studying at York and was wondering if it's safe to wear my Rolex there.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm an international student so I'm not too familiar with the UK but I've seen a lot of news surrounding watch theft in the UK. I will be studying at York and was wondering if it's safe to wear my Rolex there.

What model is it?
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by Trinculo
What model is it?

Oyster perpetual datejust
Reply 3

Will you be in York around 9pm on 28th September?

Is it insured?
Reply 5

If its a steel bracelet....maybe, but I still wouldn't. In general terms I would say no because universities aren't particularly secure places overall. Unless you are intending to wear it 24/7, you'll need somewhere to keep it and there won't be safe in your room. If you go and do sports, you'll have to take it off at some point for safety if nothing else. There's also the possibility of going out, alcohol, dancing etc.

My advice would be, if you don't have one already, leave the datejust at home and get yourself a Seiko or Tissot to take to university.
Reply 6
Original post by Trinculo
If its a steel bracelet....maybe, but I still wouldn't. In general terms I would say no because universities aren't particularly secure places overall. Unless you are intending to wear it 24/7, you'll need somewhere to keep it and there won't be safe in your room. If you go and do sports, you'll have to take it off at some point for safety if nothing else. There's also the possibility of going out, alcohol, dancing etc.

My advice would be, if you don't have one already, leave the datejust at home and get yourself a Seiko or Tissot to take to university.

Yeah fair enough, I'll just leave it at home. Thanks mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending