The Student Room Group

Girlfriend is often very dismissive when I try to tell her stuff

Very often when I try to talk to my girlfriend about my day she comes across as very dismissive and as though she doesn’t care.

For example she was at work yesterday all day so I went to a beer garden with my mate and whilst we were there a few guys ended up kicking off with each other. I thought the whole thing was hilarious and late yesterday evening I said to my girlfriend “oh I forgot to tell you what I saw today” and her response was “I don’t care about your pub dramas.”

Saying she doesn’t care when I try to tell her something is a common response, but yet for example when she came into work yesterday I listened to her rant for nearly 40 minutes about what an awful day she’d had and not once did I say I don’t care.

What do I do?
Pm me for advice 😀
You dismiss her out of your life, i.e. dump her.
Yeah, you just tell her to get lost? If they don't care what you do, are you even really together?

But given it is such a blunt response near guaranteed (and intended) to cause immediate offence, you might want to consider what she is already mad about to act that way, but if that is just who they are are I'd cut them lose with extreme prejudice.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Very often when I try to talk to my girlfriend about my day she comes across as very dismissive and as though she doesn’t care.

For example she was at work yesterday all day so I went to a beer garden with my mate and whilst we were there a few guys ended up kicking off with each other. I thought the whole thing was hilarious and late yesterday evening I said to my girlfriend “oh I forgot to tell you what I saw today” and her response was “I don’t care about your pub dramas.”

Saying she doesn’t care when I try to tell her something is a common response, but yet for example when she came into work yesterday I listened to her rant for nearly 40 minutes about what an awful day she’d had and not once did I say I don’t care.

What do I do?

Leave her.
Reply 5
Original post by Riann246
Leave her.

I really love her and I know she loves me but this reaction is becoming more and more common. I don't rise to it or react to it but I am starting to feel like one day I will just snap and we'll end up having an argument.
I really love her and I know she loves me but this reaction is becoming more and more common. I don't rise to it or react to it but I am starting to feel like one day I will just snap and we'll end up having an argument.

You are regularly dismissed with open contempt, and your main worry is that it might someday... end in an argument?

Do you not see this as a bit mismatched? It's more likely she will grow to despise your refusal to stand up for yourself and leave long before you get to carry out the vague threat of snapping 'one day'
Reply 7

Love compatibility. You'll save yourself by not wasting time
When I read the post, this sprung to mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending