The Student Room Group

Great British Bake Off 2023 discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Yikes, spoiler has broken the bowl
Definitely feels like Carry On Bake Off tonight :colondollar:
Reply 42
Devonshire Splits for the second part. They do look lovely. Tempted to make them.
Didn't expect the rolls to have sugar in, but might genuinely try making some mini ones!
Original post by Rakas21
Devonshire Splits for the second part. They do look lovely. Tempted to make them.

same here
that was a surprising winner for the technical. expected number 2 to finish first for it but fair play. no.2 in terchnical still I reckon could get star baker.
lol, everyone is doing bad
Congratulations if you had 'baker uses dock leaf flour' on your drinking game! :lol:
Reply 48
It's amusing how difficult some bread actually is to make, not something you really realize.
star baker is who I expected.

the person who is eliminated is someone who stuggled a lot this week and kinda suspected it after the 1st day.

next week's chocolate week.

looks like tortes are signature, cheescakes are technicals and chocolate boxes are the showstoppers.

also looks like spoiler may get injusred next week
Reply 50
I was surprised how bad Dan did, he was probably the strongest for the first two weeks.
Reply 51
Original post by quasa
star baker is who I expected.

the person who is eliminated is someone who stuggled a lot this week and kinda suspected it after the 1st day.

next week's chocolate week.

looks like tortes are signature, cheescakes are technicals and chocolate boxes are the showstoppers.

also looks like spoiler may get injusred next week

Where do you find out what next week's meals will be.
Original post by Rakas21
I was surprised how bad Dan did, he was probably the strongest for the first two weeks.

Tasha fought back in the second week so it’s balanced but I think these two will definitely be in the final
Original post by Rakas21
Where do you find out what next week's meals will be.

Not sure about meals but you can glean the challenges from the preview at the end of each week's episode.
(edited 6 months ago)
Saka just boring as a baker
OK. Signatures looked underwhelming and technicals seem interesting, especially as Spoiler had to take a break
spoiler got star baker...and it wasnt who I expected. The elimination result was expected.

Pastry week is next week with high stakes.
Signature is a steamed dessert. pie showstopper and pithivier technical
'What's a *the technical*?' during the signature yikes :lol:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
'What's a *the technical*?' during the signature yikes :lol:

Check my post above. Usually it's a sweet pie made with frangipane but they made a savoury one with potatoes
Original post by quasa
Check my post above. Usually it's a sweet pie made with frangipane but they made a savoury one with potatoes

Ooh I've never come across a sweet pithivier! I thought they were usually meat-based?

Quick Reply

Latest