The Student Room Group

Great British Bake Off 2023 discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Is it double elimination this week? I can quite clearly see who is getting eliminated if it is 1 person. 2 people have a fairly strong idea it's

Spoiler

Original post by Saracen's Fez
Ooh I've never come across a sweet pithivier! I thought they were usually meat-based?

Rather bizzarely, I've only had a sweet one :lol: but yeah, meat based is popular
Star Baker was a surprise.

2 eliminated are the 2 I expected.
I actually wasn't surprised by any of the results this week; it was all very much as it should have been in my view!
Original post by CatusStarbright
I actually wasn't surprised by any of the results this week; it was all very much as it should have been in my view!

So true especially with rowan
Reply 65
The old woman was poor, she got lucky lasting as long as she did. The prior two episodes have been very bad for the bloke.

Next to go should be the Indian woman.

Star baker was not a suprise for the episode.
Botanical this week. Expecting a lot of rose, lavender, hibiscus and other herbs / aromatic stuff
Signatures are spiced buns
Technical is lemon and thyme drizzle cake
Spices are technically botanicals I guess, but I wouldn't have ever called them that :rofl:
Reply 70
Don't think anybody used Lavender. Elderflower is the thing it seems.
Next week is desserts, with caramel flans for signatures, what looks like sticky toffee pudding for technical and bombs for showstoppers
Original post by Rakas21
Don't think anybody used Lavender. Elderflower is the thing it seems.

Was surprised how many people used hibiscus
I enjoyed the episode this week, and yet again I was able to call the star baker and who was going home.
Reply 74
Sri Lankan woman should go next but Dan would not shock me despite being star baker early on. It appears that while his food is delicious, he quite often fails on the visual.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Rakas21
Sri Lankan woman should go next but Dan would my shock me despite being star baker early on. It appears that while his food is delicious, he quite often fails on the visual.

Saku's flavours are really good though and the decoration of her showstopper this week was astounding. If she just starts getting a few more things right she will be pretty strong.
Reply 76
Creme Caramel is up first.
Reply 77
Orange and Ginger Treacle Pudding up next.
Really loving tonight's challenges again!
Reply 79
Meringue Bomb is the showstopper. Very difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest