The Student Room Group

Great British Bake Off 2023 discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by quasa
Next week is desserts, with caramel flans for signatures, what looks like sticky toffee pudding for technical and bombs for showstoppers

oof, was close with predictions

Spoiler

Reply 82
Thought she had done enough this week actually but yeah, she was the worst left.

The signatures were amusing. Fail.

The guy who's not Dan is quietly proceeding, he might actually win if the women make a mistake given that Dan can't do presentation.
I loved how bad the technical challenge was :lol: I think the last time something went that wrong was the custard tart technical (years and years ago).

I wasn't surprised by who left (ultimately they were the one who struggled the most out of the two who faced elimination), but I did think that perhaps the other person in the running for star baker would have got it.
Original post by CatusStarbright
I loved how bad the technical challenge was :lol: I think the last time something went that wrong was the custard tart technical (years and years ago).

This was series 4 apparently :eek:
Original post by CatusStarbright

I wasn't surprised by who left (ultimately they were the one who struggled the most out of the two who faced elimination), but I did think that perhaps the other person in the running for star baker would have got it.

I thought one of them was going for sure but was in hysterics when I realised how bad all the technicals were. :biggrin:
Original post by Rakas21
Thought she had done enough this week actually but yeah, she was the worst left.

The signatures were amusing. Fail.

The guy who's not Dan is quietly proceeding, he might actually win if the women make a mistake given that Dan can't do presentation.

Hahahha I love the 'guy whose not Dan'
why do I feel like the person who wins is the one who is shown the least on camera in the last few episodes? Just a theory...
Original post by Admit-One
I thought one of them was going for sure but was in hysterics when I realised how bad all the technicals were. :biggrin:

Yess! I think matty revealed how raw his were first and I was thinking hes definitely going but as soon as I saw the others I had hope again.
Reply 88
Next episode tonight.
Reply 89
Sausage Rolls to start.
Reply 90
Chocolate Swiss Role Sponge next.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 91
Party buffet, nothing specific next. Should be interesting.
Semis next and the strongest 4 are in it. I reckon tasha and josh are guaranteed to be in the finals. No idea who'll join them next
Yep it was pretty clear who the weakest one remaining was tonight imo, same as last week.

Once again I'm loving the challenges especially the caterpillar cakes!
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Yep it was pretty clear who the weakest one remaining was tonight imo, same as last week.

Once again I'm loving the challenges especially the caterpillar cakes!

I loved the faces on the caterpillar cakes :lol:
Warning: spoiler below discusses the outcome of the episode.

Spoiler

(edited 5 months ago)
Biased that Dan has 2 bad days yet advances to the semi final. Cristy the wrong baker to go home close between Tasha and Matty. Still rooting for Tasha to win it. And Dan maybe the judges favourite though…
Who do we think is winning? I'm rooting for tasha :smile:
Original post by Pandasarecute65
Who do we think is winning? I'm rooting for tasha :smile:

So am I, but I have a feeling she won't do it! :frown:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
So am I, but I have a feeling she won't do it! :frown:

dont say that - i am firmly team tasha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest