The Student Room Group

Is there any point in me applying to Oxford to study law?

GCSE: 77666655443 (covid cohort)
A-levels: AAA (RS, Econ, Business)

Confident in ability to do LNAT and will be completing regardless for other applications. My main question is whether these grades will put me in an instant rejection pile or would I be able to make up for the grades through my personal statement and LNAT?

P.S: Grades provided are obtained and the main benefit of not applying would be to strengthen application to other universities as I would have more time to apply
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Honestly I wouldn't suggest applying to Oxford, given how much they value GCSEs, and with the competition + their standards for AL grades, if you don't have grades above their standard offer then there's really no point in applying unfortunately
Original post by wjg05
GCSE: 77666655443 (covid cohort)
A-levels: AAA (RS, Econ, Business)

Confident in ability to do LNAT and will be completing regardless for other applications. My main question is whether these grades will put me in an instant rejection pile or would I be able to make up for the grades through my personal statement and LNAT?

P.S: Grades provided are obtained and the main benefit of not applying would be to strengthen application to other universities as I would have more time to apply

Would you like to go to Oxford?

If so then it’s only 1 choice. You have 4 more to use for safer options (and you don’t even have to decide on all 5 choices now - just add 2 or 3 and add the rest after Christmas)

Apply. Don’t rule yourself out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending