The Student Room Group

Can i do a law degree with btecs

I am studying btec applied science and a level history i am wondering if i would able to study law at uni
Reply 1
At Oxford or Cambridge? No. At a lot of other places, as long as you get the grades. Yes.
Reply 2
Original post by jakubdoliasz
I am studying btec applied science and a level history i am wondering if i would able to study law at uni

yes you can check entries requirements in mid universities

Hey @jakubdoliasz

You would need to check each university's entry requirements to double-check. For Law, BCU would be looking for 112 UCAS tariff points from a maximum of 3 subjects - these 3 subjects can be BTECs or A-Levels.

Hope that helps.
Abbie
BCU Rep
Reply 4

Yes you can.

If you're looking at OXBRIDGE, you can but they will assess you on case by case basis and usually only take people who did one btec and 2 a-levels. I am at Oxford studying Law. You will have to email them or call prior. However, Cambridge is less lenient with BTEC, I don't think they allow at all.

Bear in mind, you also have to do LNAT exams for some Unis to study law [such as Oxford, Cambridge, Bristol, UCL, etc]. Look into this prior to applying too.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending