The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

Dear Student Finance,

I am an EU student with a pre-settled status. I just got a job at a student cafe, with a zero-hour contract as my shifts are very flexible. Would I be eligible for maintenance loan for the second term? If so, what documents do I need to fill? Thank you.

Dominik
Original post by dominikdangel
Dear Student Finance,

I am an EU student with a pre-settled status. I just got a job at a student cafe, with a zero-hour contract as my shifts are very flexible. Would I be eligible for maintenance loan for the second term? If so, what documents do I need to fill? Thank you.

Dominik

Hi Dominik,

When was it your course started? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Dominik,

When was it your course started? Thanks, Jason

hi, my uni started last year - 2022/2023
hi, my uni started last year - 2022/2023

Sorry, I meant the actual academic year. Does it start in September? And when did you start your job? The exact date if possible, thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Sorry, I meant the actual academic year. Does it start in September? And when did you start your job? The exact date if possible, thanks, Jason

well, I believe it officially starts in September but my first lessons are in October, so maybe October?
and I signed the contract on 17th of September.
well, I believe it officially starts in September but my first lessons are in October, so maybe October?
and I signed the contract on 17th of September.

Thank you. I was just checking to see your eligibility for term 1 but it would be term 2 and term 3 (as long as you're working throughout those years). You can apply as a Migrant Worker which would be a PN1 form via post along with your payslips and contract.

Have you already made an application for tuition fees only? Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Thank you. I was just checking to see your eligibility for term 1 but it would be term 2 and term 3 (as long as you're working throughout those years). You can apply as a Migrant Worker which would be a PN1 form via post along with your payslips and contract.

Have you already made an application for tuition fees only? Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

Yes, I already have the tuition fees loan. So, what I need to do is to send my payslips and tenancy contract, is that right? What if I live with other students and we split the rent irregularly as our rooms have different sizes? Lastly, should monthly support from parents be mentioned in any way?
Thanks.
Hi Jason,

Yes, I already have the tuition fees loan. So, what I need to do is to send my payslips and tenancy contract, is that right? What if I live with other students and we split the rent irregularly as our rooms have different sizes? Lastly, should monthly support from parents be mentioned in any way?
Thanks.

Hi Dominik,

Yes, that's right - it doesn't matter about your rent situation. And you don't need to tell us about your parental support, that's okay.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending