The Student Room Group

Uncle did time in prison- will this stop me becoming prison officer

Hello

I’ve recently passed the interview for becoming prison officer, I’m just beginning formal checks Enhanced check and CTC etc and sending everything over. My uncle (now no contact with) served time in prison when I was between age of 2 and 7. When I put this on the disclosure form will this stop me getting my offer.

Thanks
Reply 1
Looking around, it does not seem this will hinder your application greatly as each case is reviewed individually and since it isn't a very close family member e.g. parents, siblings. However, if you do not disclose this and they find out, your application would be significantly affected as they may assume you intentionally misled them.
Reply 2
Original post by joe_y.i
Looking around, it does not seem this will hinder your application greatly as each case is reviewed individually and since it isn't a very close family member e.g. parents, siblings. However, if you do not disclose this and they find out, your application would be significantly affected as they may assume you intentionally misled them.

Thank you for replying.

Yes I have be honest as can be on disclosure form with where he served his time and dates etc as best to my knowledge as I was so young at the time. We are not that close maybe see each other once a year as ever since his release he became an alcoholic and estranged to the family.

I feel being honest with it is my best chance and hopefully not judged by something completely irrelevant to me and out of my control

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending