The Student Room Group

Was I being rude?

I was asking a friend a question and she answered in in a way that could be interpreted sexually unintentionally - so another friend told her she had a dirty mind.. so I asked her the same question with a wink to show her that I understood the joke.. but she looked upset when I did that.. Why was she upset? was she just sensitive? who was in the wrong?
Original post by Anonymous
I was asking a friend a question and she answered in in a way that could be interpreted sexually unintentionally - so another friend told her she had a dirty mind.. so I asked her the same question with a wink to show her that I understood the joke.. but she looked upset when I did that.. Why was she upset? was she just sensitive? who was in the wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong, she probably felt embarrassed when her friend made that comment and wanted to move on from that point but reiterating things probably made her a bit worse. Honestly you didn't say anything wrong, it was just light-hearted banter.
Reply 2
She sounds weird. Why would she get upset? Bizarre.
Reply 3
Original post by jay2013
She sounds weird. Why would she get upset? Bizarre.

I also sometimes supervise her work - and it was in a work environment. could that be why?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I also sometimes supervise her work - and it was in a work environment. could that be why?

Hmm... yes that's why. Keep it professional at work to avoid these situations in the future.
Reply 5
Original post by jay2013
Hmm... yes that's why. Keep it professional at work to avoid these situations in the future.

was I unprofessional - should I apologize or let it go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending