The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Does LSE actually reject people applying before Oxbridge deadline?

I've heard this a lot on forums - I've personally applied for Economics last week with 4A* predicted. Since LSE and UCL are my top choices, I didn't apply to Cambridge (too much extra work), but I still applied well before the deadline because my statement was fully ready (according to teachers) and to get it off my chest. But I've always heard that LSE want students who have them as their first choice, so often reject Oxbridge candidates, but I haven't even applied to Oxbridge.
Would they know since I won't be giving any admissions test and would tick that in the Questionnaire they send after receiving your application?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by krrxsh_41
I've heard this a lot on forums - I've personally applied for Economics last week with 4A* predicted. Since LSE and UCL are my top choices, I didn't apply to Cambridge (too much extra work), but I still applied well before the deadline because my statement was fully ready (according to teachers) and to get it off my chest. But I've always heard that LSE want students who have them as their first choice, so often reject Oxbridge candidates, but I haven't even applied to Oxbridge.
Would they know since I won't be giving any admissions test and would tick that in the Questionnaire they send after receiving your application?

This has got me quite worried - so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The short answer is No. LSE want excellent students; rejecting anyone they suspected of applying to Oxbridge would be ridiculous.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
No, it’s a nonsense idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending