The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Economics Finance and Data Science Imperial College

Scroll to see replies

Original post by illiaqqq
Maths, FM, Econ, Physics, Russian

Hey man, seen you post quite a bit. I do exactly the same subjects w 5A* predicted, got rejected from 2 LSE courses: Econometrics/Accounting and Finance and accepted into Imperial EFDS and UCL Econ and stats (+ Queens backup). How’s your progress/what do you think, UCL or Imperial?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Imperial if you want a job afterwards - designed with top employers and much more useful employable skills will be developed. Seems employees were frustrated with the calibre of people they were getting from other degrees in terms of the broader skill base. Small cohort also. If you want to be an academic then LSE.
Original post by Anonymous #12
For reference, in my personal statement I talked about all three aspects of the course with work experience alongside doing the imperial data science mooc

Same as me 💀
Got an offer. 😊 International. Achieved AP's (calculus, statistics, microeconomics, macroeconomics, history)
Original post by Anonymous #34
Got an offer. 😊 International. Achieved AP's (calculus, statistics, microeconomics, macroeconomics, history)
Congrats! May I ask when did you get interviewed?
Original post by Anonymous #35
Congrats! May I ask when did you get interviewed?

Early Feb
Got an offer but have chosen lse
Just got rejected :frown:
Original post by Anonymous #29
Just got rejected :frown:

Same just got rejected after interview
Original post by Anonymous #10
Got an offer but have chosen lse
Fair enough. I do love LSE and it is more reputable for economics all across the world.
Original post by suhan shah
Hi did you get in to Imperial? As I was under the impression that Imperial don’t offer place without FM at A level? Do you think so ?
Which other uni did you get an offer from ?

My daughter received offer on 27 March without FM, her A level subjects are Maths, Economics, History and English Literature. International. But I think FM is really important criteria, it states preferred but not required in most universities but in reality it is very hard to get in without it. LSE also states not required but it’s just not true. Feel that the universities should be clearer and more honest about this requirement. My daughter managed to get in without FM is probably because she is strong in all other aspects, risky though….
For reference, in my personal statement I talked about all three aspects of the course with work experience alongside doing the imperial data science mooc
hey. what was your work experience?
Hi everyone im going to be applying for 2025 entry and i would like to know what work experience hou guys have done. thanks
Original post by Igneousrock1
hey. what was your work experience?

JPM and MS
JPM and MS

No GS too?
Original post by vkgoat
How does everyone think their interview went out of 10 or generally

2 my interviewer was so condescending
For people who got offers for this course, it would be great to know:

Whether you are a home or overseas student?

Subjects at A-level and predicted grades (or if you have actual grades)

Original post by Anonymous
For people who got offers for this course, it would be great to know:

Whether you are a home or overseas student?

Subjects at A-level and predicted grades (or if you have actual grades)

You'd be far better off making a FOI request to Imperial directly.
Is there an offer holder gc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending