The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial college london

If I dont take math HL and want to apply for their economics finance and data science course can I apply but ask to take a prerequisite?
also even if the entry requirements says it requires math hl, would they still give me a chance to get in because I heard if u don't take math hl you wont stand a chance at getting a offer.
Original post by isxbl.g_
If I dont take math HL and want to apply for their economics finance and data science course can I apply but ask to take a prerequisite?
also even if the entry requirements says it requires math hl, would they still give me a chance to get in because I heard if u don't take math hl you wont stand a chance at getting a offer.

i dont know what a prerequisite is but i doubt they make specific adjustments to certain applicants.

if you can't achieve the entry requirements for a university such as oxbridge or imperial, they will reject your application in the first round. the majority of applicants will have the highest grade in the subject you have not done. sorry it might not be what you want to hear but honestly you are better off using that ucas choice to apply somewhere else
(edited 11 months ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
okay thanks! i was just curious and wanted to make sure so i dont apply to unnecessary schools that i probably dont stand a chance in haha
Original post by user8937264980
i dont know what a prerequisite is but i doubt they make specific adjustments to certain applicants.

if you can't achieve the entry requirements for a university such as oxbridge or imperial, they will reject your application in the first round. the majority of applicants will have the highest grade in the subject you have not done. sorry it might not be what you want to hear but honestly you are better off using that ucas choice to apply somewhere else
Original post by isxbl.g_
okay thanks! i was just curious and wanted to make sure so i dont apply to unnecessary schools that i probably dont stand a chance in haha

no worries - like i said i dont know what a prerequisite is so you can ask a careers or ucas advisor at your school or something if you want, but otherwise you're better off trying somewhere else. all the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending