The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Economics Finance and Data Science Imperial College

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by edmund1138
Anyone applied for ICL EFDS and got any interview/tests requested so far?

Ig they usually issue them in November if you ucas 1.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
Guys I have 3 A*s predicted but no FM, do u think I have a good chance of getting an offer? I feel that I have a very strong personal statement with a lot of relevant experience in data science, but I feel like it’s very unlikely for me to get an offer with no FM

It's fine. 3 A*'s are excellent predictions; it's all that matters. It would be great if you could show your passion for maths through data science. Could you let me know if you applied already?
Reply 42
im not applying to this course, but ive read and heard from other people (the year before) that competition is like 1:40 and they mostly accept internationals. F imperial
Original post by illiaqqq
It's fine. 3 A*'s are excellent predictions; it's all that matters. It would be great if you could show your passion for maths through data science. Could you let me know if you applied already?

That's great to hear. I haven't applied yet, but I have finished my PS and I am planning to submit my application by the end of the month. Wbu?
Reply 44
Original post by hr27
im not applying to this course, but ive read and heard from other people (the year before) that competition is like 1:40 and they mostly accept internationals. F imperial

It is 1:25, and it’s like 65 to 35(international: home), but there were international applicants, so it’s biased.
Reply 45
That's great to hear. I haven't applied yet, but I have finished my PS and I am planning to submit my application by the end of the month. Wbu?

I am hoping to apply soon, in 1 week. Applying EFDS imperial, UCL and LSE data science, bath mathematics statistics and data science, City of London mathematics and data science. Predictions are A*A*A*AA. Where else do you apply?
I am hoping to apply soon, in 1 week. Applying EFDS imperial, UCL and LSE data science, bath mathematics statistics and data science, City of London mathematics and data science. Predictions are A*A*A*AA. Where else do you apply?

Yeah I have finished my ps today as well, and im gonna apply within two weeks now. I am applying for FEDS imperial, and then pure econ at warwick, ucl, bath and economics and finance at bristol

Also congrats on those predicted grades, thats insane. What subjects?
Reply 48
Also congrats on those predicted grades, thats insane. What subjects?

Thank you, I appreciate it. Your choices are solid. Did you talk just about Econ in your PS? A*'s(Russian, Maths, Economics) A's(physics FM)
Thank you, I appreciate it. Your choices are solid. Did you talk just about Econ in your PS? A*'s(Russian, Maths, Economics) A's(physics FM)

I talked mostly about economics (60 %), but i also mentioned a lot of data science (around 25%) and how it is relevant to modern economics. I did a bit on finance but since only imperial and bristol have finance in their courses for me i only mentioned a bit, around 10%. The rest was just about extracurriculars/hobbies
Reply 50
I talked mostly about economics (60 %), but i also mentioned a lot of data science (around 25%) and how it is relevant to modern economics. I did a bit on finance but since only imperial and bristol have finance in their courses for me i only mentioned a bit, around 10%. The rest was just about extracurriculars/hobbies

That’s cool
anyone got an interview yet?
Reply 52
anyone got an interview yet?

I do not think so
Just received an interview invite
same here
Original post by jobajojoba
Just received an interview invite

When did you submit ucas
Original post by Anonymous #4
same here

When did you submit ucas
Original post by Anonymous #5

When did you submit ucas

26th Sept, but my application went to Imperial on the 3rd.
submitted around the 10th october
Original post by jobajojoba
26th Sept, but my application went to Imperial on the 3rd.

👍🏼 good luck with it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending