The Student Room Group

Two languages at a level and business and media

Hi there, hope you guys can help!
I've just finished gcses and going onto a level in a grammar. After talking with some friends and family about my choices, I'm extremely conflicted.

I've chosen to study english lit, french, spanish and geography. However, at the moment I do photography and social media in my spare time and would love to go into something in the marketing industry or social media and journalism both interest me.

I currently have done lots of jobs for work experience in photography but would love to branch into something on the social media side which I'm currently gaining experience in.

I know that I don't want to study languages at uni and am not even sure if I want to go to uni and maybe do a degree apprenticeship instead. However love learning languages and perhaps want to take a gap year working in holiday camps abroad where I can use these. I already have friends in france and spain that I talk to to practice, so have a proficient level of both.

I'm wondering if I should maybe take media studies or business studies instead of french, would this be more respected in unis or degree apprenticeships.

Would love some advice. Would also like to hear more about business and media from people who have studied it or are studying and what you're taking with it or how you're finding them and future goals. Also people with double languages, how do you find them, what do you want to do at uni with them or future goals.

Thank you so so much in advance
Don't take four A levels. Unis only require three and you don't get bonus points for doing more. A levels are a big step up from GCSEs and AAA will always look better than AABB.

Have a look at the following website, which lists 100s of careers and what is required to get into them:

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/

It also covers degree apprenticeships:

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and-work-experience/apprenticeships/degree-apprenticeships

For any degree courses that you might be interested in, have a look at the Entry requirements for the course on the uni website. If no specific A levels are listed, then choose A levels that you will enjoy and will do well in. Also, you don't need to study business (or media) to enter the industry and many graduate employment schemes don't require specific degrees.

Quick Reply

Latest