The Student Room Group

UCAS points advice for mature student

Hi, I am a mature student and one of my life goals was to have as art degree. Now I am in a place where I could achieve that.

As I work full time I was looking at online degrees, and settled on Falmouth and wanted to apply for their illustration degree, as I work as a freelance digital artist and it felt the natural path to take for opportunities in the future.

However as its been forever and a day since I was in art college, I need minimum 104 UCAS points, and could only find one online access course but its worth only 62 points, so my main question here is can I do multiple access courses, or do they have to be all art related in order use to apply for the degree? I was think of doing art history for example, would that work?

Only other online degree I could find was the OCA, but I believe they are not well respected in the field professionally speaking as the course is so self directed?

any advice/tips anyone has would be great. thanks.
An Access to HE course would usually be suitable preparation for an undergraduate degree by itself, regardless of points.

Personally I’d send the details of the course to the admissions team at the uni and see if it would make you suitable for consideration, (or if they have any other recommendations).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending