The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Official Oxford 2024 Postgraduate Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sandtrooper
Welcome to everyone, and best of luck with your applications!

Prospective course:
Achieved (or expected) grade:
Nationality:
Current (or last) university:
Current (or last) course:

College preferences:
Other universities you’re applying to:

Disclaimer: Please note, unless stated otherwise, posters on this thread do not work for the Oxford's admissions department, therefore do not take our opinion as being 100% accurate. If you need certainty, contact Oxford directly.

Last year's thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7235099
2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7053424

Hi all!!

Prospective course: DPhil Information, Communication and the Social Sciences
Achieved (or expected) grade: Distinction from my MPhil at Cambridge + highest GPA at my undergraduate (3.9/4.0).
Nationality: Danish
Current (or last) university: University of Cambridge
Current (or last) course: MPhil in Education (Knowledge, Power & Politics)
College preferences: Christ Church or Balliol
Other universities you’re applying to: Cambridge Gender Studies
Harvard History of Science
MIT HASTS
Yale Sociology & Gender Studies

Other Stats: I also have 5 international journal articles, one book chapter proposal, 3 conference presentations, 4 public talks, 15 public articles, done my own conference at Cambridge, a guest lecture at a university, 5+ years of university teaching experience, 5 awards for excellence, 8.5 IELTS.

Good luck everyone 💫
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 81
Original post by ayusamb
Hi,

Can we connect on DM?

Yes sure
Rejected for stats. Good luck everyone.
Original post by ChristofferKA
Hi all!!

Prospective course: DPhil Information, Communication and the Social Sciences
Achieved (or expected) grade: Distinction from my MPhil at Cambridge + highest GPA at my undergraduate (3.9/4.0).
Nationality: Danish
Current (or last) university: University of Cambridge
Current (or last) course: MPhil in Education (Knowledge, Power & Politics)
College preferences: Christ Church or Balliol
Other universities you’re applying to: Cambridge Gender Studies
Harvard History of Science
MIT HASTS
Yale Sociology & Gender Studies

Other Stats: I also have 5 international journal articles, one book chapter proposal, 3 conference presentations, 4 public talks, 15 public articles, done my own conference at Cambridge, a guest lecture at a university, 5+ years of university teaching experience, 5 awards for excellence, 8.5 IELTS.

Good luck everyone 💫

What's your top choice PhD programme?
Original post by eraserpencil

Sorry about that. I hope you have applied to other institutions
Reply 85

You got a decision?

Also, which course like can you elaborate a bit more? All the best for other decisions!
Reply 86
Prospective course: MSt in Film Aesthetics
Achieved (or expected) grade: 3.99 GPA (US)
Nationality: US
Current university: Columbia University
Current course: B.A. Film and Media Studies
College preferences: For postgraduate students.
Other universities you’re applying to: Cambridge (UK), Stanford (US), Columbia (US).
Hi everyone, does anyone know if the offer or defer letter also comes in on the weekends?
Reply 88

Sorry to hear that bud. I got the rejection for MSc stats 2 days ago as well. Goodluck
Reply 89
Prospective course: MSc Statistical Science
Achieved (or expected) grade: First Class Honours
Nationality: HK
Current university: City University of Hong Kong
Current course: BSc in Computing Mathematics
College preferences: Reuben
Other universities you’re applying to: Imperial, UCL
I applied for the November deadline and nervously waiting for the result (applied for the MSc, and seems like there is no interview) ... Would it be too soon to be this nervous? haha..
Reply 91
Original post by Anonymous #8
I applied for the November deadline and nervously waiting for the result (applied for the MSc, and seems like there is no interview) ... Would it be too soon to be this nervous? haha..

Which course?
Did anyone that applied for the MSc in Global Health and Epidemiology hear anything back yet? I applied on 1st Dec deadline but haven't heard anything..
Original post by Anonymous #9
Did anyone that applied for the MSc in Global Health and Epidemiology hear anything back yet? I applied on 1st Dec deadline but haven't heard anything..

From speaking to prev students, think they tend to send out invites around Jan
Reply 94
Original post by Anonymous #9

On the Graduate Admissions page, it's mentioned that they will take 8-10 weeks after the deadline to get back to you with a decision. So for my course, the first deadline was the 10th of November. We can expect a decision from the 5th of Jan onwards (avg. time taken). Don't have any idea about interviews though.

All the best with your application!
anyone got an interview for msc theoretical and computational chemistry ? haven’t heard back yet :/
Original post by ayusamb
On the Graduate Admissions page, it's mentioned that they will take 8-10 weeks after the deadline to get back to you with a decision. So for my course, the first deadline was the 10th of November. We can expect a decision from the 5th of Jan onwards (avg. time taken). Don't have any idea about interviews though.

January 5 is perhaps a bit too early due to the Christmas break and holidays :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by ChristofferKA
January 5 is perhaps a bit too early due to the Christmas break and holidays :smile:

Yes, that's true. Last year people received offers on the 11th of January for example. I was just saying that the 8th week completes on the 5th of Jan if the deadline is the 10th of November. :smile:

What course did you apply for?
Original post by ayusamb

Decision- whether rejection or offer? I saw some rejections have been sent out already :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending