The Student Room Group

Has anyone been using these new AI tools?

Hey everyone!

So, I've been hearing a lot about these new AI study tools and how they're supposed to revolutionise our revision. Honestly, at first, I thought it was all hype, but I'm curious now. Have any of you tried them? Which ones are the best ones? Is there one that is an all in one package rather than just making flashcards?

I've stumbled upon a couple which work fairly well but some have features that are really good but are lacking in other areas.
Original post by thedudeattheback
Hey everyone!

So, I've been hearing a lot about these new AI study tools and how they're supposed to revolutionise our revision. Honestly, at first, I thought it was all hype, but I'm curious now. Have any of you tried them? Which ones are the best ones? Is there one that is an all in one package rather than just making flashcards?

I've stumbled upon a couple which work fairly well but some have features that are really good but are lacking in other areas.

I've tried ChatGPT and I honestly really think it's helpful IF you use it correctly.
for example: I have my math I.A coming up and I needed help generating questions so I sent in a question along the lines of "help me make a math i.a question as an ib student with regards to f1" and it generated really helpful things tbh! it's all about how you ask the question - same goes with english (so helpful with trying to connect topics)

Another one is Knowt! i know they have AI but I haven't tested it out yet but in general knowt's a great package imo
I've used a few that aim to be a bit more comprehensive, one is called sainaptic but the AI part is a bit lackluster although theres lots of content. A really good one was MedlyAI but at the moment is only for GCSE biology.
Original post by thedudeattheback
Hey everyone!

This sounds like a question that you can google or look on YouTube for.

The sort of consensus that I have found regarding this is to use ChatGPT or Notion as a way of setting up a syllabus that you can follow in a course of some kind.

When it specifically comes to revision, I think Notion is pretty good to generate quizzes based on your revision material, especially when the app was initially designed for note taking. Having said that, this tends to work for subjects where you need to do a lot of memorisation; it's not as effective for subjects where you need to master a skill in some area e.g. maths, CS, physics in my opinion.

See the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtmeInw8xL4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK4QjbgqeQw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DIn0Ws9yTE
I've been using Jasper to organize study notes and generate summaries. It's great for condensing large amounts of information into digestible chunks. Also, Grammarly has been helpful in polishing up my writing assignments.If you don't know what to choose from all the tools available, I recommend writingtools.co.uk. They've got a complete list of various writing aids detailing their features and prices. I found out about Jasper there.
(edited 1 week ago)

Quick Reply

Latest