The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Is there anyone who knows their way around Colchester and Essex uni?

I’m new to the area and live in Host accom; it’s incredibly isolating as everyone keeps themselves to themselves, which is fine to an extent I guess but I’ve been here since Thursday and is yet to mingle with people. X
Original post by AwaToure
I’m new to the area and live in Host accom; it’s incredibly isolating as everyone keeps themselves to themselves, which is fine to an extent I guess but I’ve been here since Thursday and is yet to mingle with people. X

Hey @AwaToure 👋

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit isolated. Have you made it onto Campus for any of the welcome week activities yet?

https://essexsu.com/welcome

Check out the link and click through the calendar to find info on events and Campus tours. There's SU Makes which are little arts and crafts sessions that anyone can join in with and it's a way to get chatting while having an activity to do. Different societies are holding mixers which are also a great opportunity to meet some new people

Don't be scared to just walk around the campus either. If you see people wearing black & red shirts that read student ambassador on the back, or yellow and black shirts for the student union, these are all student staff. They'd be happy to stop for a chat if you're feeling like it's too daunting to strike up convos with groups of other students. Our campus tours are also lead by student staff so join with a tour if you can

Good luck in your first week! 😊

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending