The Student Room Group

Transferring to second year

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody knows the possibilities of transferring into second year Engineering at a different Uni. I'm currently studying Physics at UoM, and acheived a 2:1 in my first semester, however I just don't enjoy the course. Just wondering if anybody knows any universities / courses that would accept me! :smile:
You can't switch from 1st year in one subject to 2nd year in another.

You might be able to restart with Engineering at another University but you have left it very late, and many courses will now be closed. All you can do is phone other Unis and ask.
it's unlikely that 1st year of Physics would match the learning outcomes/content of 1st year Engineering anywhere.

Would you consider restarting from Yr 1?
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
You can't switch from 1st year in one subject to 2nd year in another.
You might be able to restart with Engineering at another University but you have left it very late, and many courses will now be closed. All you can do is phone other Unis and ask.

I know for a fact this isn't true ( in reference to switching subjects) it depends on the modules that you've covered and the department have the last say in whether they feel they are adequate enough.
Original post by FinnianCW
I know for a fact this isn't true ( in reference to switching subjects) it depends on the modules that you've covered and the department have the last say in whether they feel they are adequate enough.

Off you go then - try and find a top Uni that will accept this scenario and report back.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Off you go then - try and find a top Uni that will accept this scenario and report back.

Never mentioned a "top Uni", thanks for your positive input though! :smile:
Original post by FinnianCW

While that’s true the chances of a match of learning outcomes between physics and engineering is incredibly slim.

You might have more chance at a Scottish university due to the additional year adding flexibility to study - except Scottish intake numbers are strictly capped by their government.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending