The Student Room Group

An international student applying to American Universities from the UK

I am applying to American universities via the Common App, however, there are terms that I am unsure as to what is the equivalent in the UK.
Such as;
School Report
Counsellor Recommendation
Mid Year Report
Final Report

Is a school report our final A-level grades?
Also in the UK we do not have mid-year reports so I am confused as to what I should do
Reply 1
Original post by Loreleicoyle
I am applying to American universities via the Common App, however, there are terms that I am unsure as to what is the equivalent in the UK.
Such as;
School Report
Mid Year Report
Final Report

Also in the UK we do not have mid-year reports so I am confused as to what I should do

Not too sure about the others, but in the US, a counselor recommendation comes from a counselor you are assigned in your 9th grade, or when you are 14. Usually, these people stay with you throughout high school and generally get a good understanding of who you are as a person and student. You get a recommendation from them once you start to apply for colleges.
Reply 2
Original post by Loreleicoyle
Such as;
School Report
Mid Year Report
Final Report

I would encourage you to reach out to your school administration for this. Every school will have a different process, unless you are the first student to apply to the US in the school's history.

Mid year reports can take the form of predicted grades, mid year exams (if your school has them), counsellor recs can take the form of housemaster/ tutor/ mentor/ close professor recommendations, depending on what your school system looks like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending