The Student Room Group

year 11

HI guys i am doing my gcsse this year and i want to revise but i feel unmotivated and get distracted a lot , what am i meant to do and how am i meant to even revise ? what do you do when revising i know i sound dumb
Reply 1
you could start by making a revision schedule where you set aside a specific amount of time a night for the subjects youre struggling the most with. this helps to create a routine, and as soon as you get into the habit of revising it will become easier!

my advice for you if you get distracted easily is to pick a quiet space to work and turn your phone off and put it away so you won't get sidetracked. it'll wont be for long!

pick what youre worst at to revise most heavily, if youre not sure what youre worst at then try a past paper and then see where you drop the most marks. then, focus your revision on this area.

some methods i like to use are:
- make flashcards from your notes or bbc bitesize or your textbook
- make mindmaps
- watch videos on youtube for subjects you struggle with, i highly recommend corbettmaths, freesciencelessons and mr salles for english
- no1 best method: past papers!!! do any past papers you can get your hands on, tehy are a godsend. idk about other exam boards but i know aqa and ocr have websites with absolutely loads of free past papers stored.

ask your teachers for help, theyll be more than happy to. remember to do your best, but dont overwork yourself and burn out. a little revision every night is much better than doing loads and burning yourself out!

you can do this!
Original post by s_19969
HI guys i am doing my gcsse this year and i want to revise but i feel unmotivated and get distracted a lot , what am i meant to do and how am i meant to even revise ? what do you do when revising i know i sound dumb

You certainly aren't dumb, getting distracted is very easy to do even for adults. I think you may need to work with somebody to keep you focused. I find if I'm left to my own devices I get so distracted that I don't do the things I'm supposed to be doing. Find somebody who you can work with be it a friend, family member, teacher, or anybody who you know you can work with effectively.

Quick Reply

Latest