The Student Room Group

Might have failed my masters degree - Feeling mentally unstable and drained

I should get my masters degree results in 3 weeks time. The suspense is killing me because of one module, which I believe I may have failed. I have emailed my lecturer to ask them to give my results sooner, I am waiting to hear back from them.

I don’t know what my future holds. It’s not positive, it doesn’t look bright. I cannot do interviews for the life of me. I really want a graduate scheme/role but with a whole year potentially wasted, and nothing to show for, I don’t see a way of recovering.

I can’t afford another masters if I fail this one. I can’t do anything and I am really stuck on what to do. I don’t feel good anymore. I just feel stuck. I feel betrayed by the system, because I thought university would get me a job, without having to do the social stuff, working in teams ect… which I haven’t built because it’s impossible to find friends, or to find things to add to my cv that were valuable or relevant.

I don’t know what to do anymore. My future is not positive and I do see it as the end of the world. I can’t move forward like this.

I’m just hoping I passed and that I can move forward, have more confidence in interviews and less anxiety, because I keep thinking I failed.

I did bad in the exam. I know I did. But i’m hoping the marking is strong with showing the steps in the answer, and theory parts of the answer come up to a 50% grade in the exam. But I’m feeling so scared and anxious, I can’t sleep. I get panic attacks randomly in the night and I tried to forget about it, but it’s stunted my confidence for interviews and applications for jobs, so I really want to know.

Should I just hope I passed and apply to jobs believing I passed and have a masters degree?

Or should I accept that I may have failed, what options/routes should I take next? What should I do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending