The Student Room Group

Is it ok if all of my (finance) work experience is virtual?

Mostly because of lockdown I've only ever been able to do virtual work experience. I did an in-person placement at a hospice for 2 weeks when I was in year 10 but it's not really relevant to the job sector I'm looking to go into. Other than that I have 4 virtual work experience placements that I've completed and could probably find more to complete ASAP. I'm just worried that employers will look at my lack of in-person experience and reject me. Thoughts??
By virtual do you mean remote working, or do you mean just "doing exercises on computer program"?

Did you do any kind of internships during your degree otherwise?
Original post by iamconfusionnn
Mostly because of lockdown I've only ever been able to do virtual work experience. I did an in-person placement at a hospice for 2 weeks when I was in year 10 but it's not really relevant to the job sector I'm looking to go into. Other than that I have 4 virtual work experience placements that I've completed and could probably find more to complete ASAP. I'm just worried that employers will look at my lack of in-person experience and reject me. Thoughts??

Hi!
Agree with whats been said this can depend on what you mean specifically with virtual work experience. However, the main thing I would say is that the most important thing with your experience when it comes to writing a strong CV is the relevance. As long as the skills and knowledge from the experiences matches the role that will help. What I would recommend is if you get past the resume stage be prepared for this question in an interview.
Hope all goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending