The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter LLB

I'm making an application to Exeter LLB programme for 2024 entry. Im predicted with A*AA and i fall into their profile G group in terms of the English Language requirement ( I have a 8.0 In IELTS whilst the course only requires 6.0-6.5). I did ton of research projects, literary analysis, and further readings - which are all gathrerdd in my Personal statement that's been edited over 30 drafts. However, my AS levels may disadvantage my overall application. I had just moved schools from another country (I was doing MYP IB and skipped grade) and I only had time to catchup with the rest of Year 12 Module for a few months and sat in the exam. I am doing re-sits in 2024 May with my A levels. My teachers wrote in my reference, that there had been some mittigating circumstances that led me to such a huge gap between A Levels predicted and AS Level results - including the fact that i joined the course late, Im home schooled, and that Im from a country that barely provides internationally qualified high school diplomas. Now I am worried if Im even getting an offer because of my poor AS. Please leave your feedbacks for this n they will be super appreciated.
Original post by jasriverfield
I'm making an application to Exeter LLB programme for 2024 entry. Im predicted with A*AA and i fall into their profile G group in terms of the English Language requirement ( I have a 8.0 In IELTS whilst the course only requires 6.0-6.5). I did ton of research projects, literary analysis, and further readings - which are all gathrerdd in my Personal statement that's been edited over 30 drafts. However, my AS levels may disadvantage my overall application. I had just moved schools from another country (I was doing MYP IB and skipped grade) and I only had time to catchup with the rest of Year 12 Module for a few months and sat in the exam. I am doing re-sits in 2024 May with my A levels. My teachers wrote in my reference, that there had been some mittigating circumstances that led me to such a huge gap between A Levels predicted and AS Level results - including the fact that i joined the course late, Im home schooled, and that Im from a country that barely provides internationally qualified high school diplomas. Now I am worried if Im even getting an offer because of my poor AS. Please leave your feedbacks for this n they will be super appreciated.

The only people who can say for definite is the university. As long as your school fully explains your mitigating circumstances I suspect you will be OK, Many universities dont use AS as English students dont sit them, If Exeter dont accept them I doubt Cambridge will either.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
The only people who can say for definite is the university. As long as your school fully explains your mitigating circumstances I suspect you will be OK, Many universities dont use AS as English students dont sit them, If Exeter dont accept them I doubt Cambridge will either.

i got a conditional offer from exe! thank you so much for your answers x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending