The Student Room Group

Should I include future courses in my personal statement?

I'm from The US and am studying at a university. I know you are supposed to talk somewhat about your casework in the PS, so I'm wondering if it makes sense to talk about the classes I'm planning to take next semester, or is having that in the education section of the application enough?
(edited 6 months ago)
Hey there!

If the classes you're planning to take are relevant to the subject you want to study at uni, then absolutely include them! I wouldn't spend more than a sentence or two on them, but you could talk about how taking these classes will benefit your career aspirations, or what you'd like to get out of them (e.g. experience in a particular field, expanding knowledge of a subject you're passionate about, etc).

Best of luck with your application!

-Ella
Graduate Advocate
Hi there,

Your personal statement is about presenting yourself as a dedicated student and what you have to offer so if these courses are related to your subject and show an interest in your course then feel free to write them in. Personally I wouldn't write too much, maybe just a sentence as I feel it would be better to talk about what you have already learnt and achieved, what it taught you and why it shows you will be good in your course. Remember when talking about facts you've learnt or reading you've done that you should be always linking it to you as its a PERSONAL statement - show yourself off!

Good luck with everything,
- Sophie (uni of Bath)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending