The Student Room Group

A levels for film production??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zoe 1405
I’m want to study film production but I’m kind of lost and having a hard time finding a good university or college that offers this course at a reasonable price. So far the best ones I’ve found are Staffordshire and also Kingston university, but I don’t exactly know what I’m supposed to be looking for apart form BA in film production.
Just wondering where you applied, to maybe give me some sort of direction.

Hiya, so I applied to Winchester, Huddersfield, Lincoln, Brighton and De Montfort University. Got all 5 offers and just firmed Winchester and Huddersfield is my insurance
Original post by raspberryice
what A levels, if any do you NEED to get onto a film production course??

and are there any "well ranked" unis that do this course or not?

thanks

Hi @raspberryice

I don't know if you have had a chance to look at many Universities and their requirements but I thought I would share the University of Lincoln's BA Film Production course in case that might be of interest to you. You can view the link to our website here.

The requirements for the course are also listed on the website which may help you in making a decision about the A-Levels needed for the course.

If you have any further questions you can chat to our current students via UniBuddy or you can email us on [email protected] and we'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Megan
Y3 BA Education Student
Original post by RoisinTew
Hiya, so I applied to Winchester, Huddersfield, Lincoln, Brighton and De Montfort University. Got all 5 offers and just firmed Winchester and Huddersfield is my insurance

Thanks so much! There's not much information about this online and talking to real students in similar situations is really helpful. xx
Original post by Zoe 1405
Thanks so much! There's not much information about this online and talking to real students in similar situations is really helpful. xx

of course!! anytime x
Reply 24
Original post by RoisinTew
Hi!
I've just handed in my application for Film Production and my a-levels are Biology, Chemistry and Film Studies but you really do not need it.
Any questions just let me know :smile:

hii did anyone on your couse get in with btecs? i’m currently in my first year of level 3 extended certificate for law criminology and psych and i was considering dropping it for art or alevels at the end of this first year. Since it’s a certificate i found out that it’s equivalent to 48 ucas points and that’s if i get top marks, so would that mean i can’t get into film for uni? because i also read that the average of points required is 112.

how is film production treating you btw? are you happy with what you’re doing :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi! I think there may be some confusion because I’m not actually starting university until September because I’m still in Year 13 atm :smile: but Film is going okay as an a level. People in my class do b-techs but I don’t think they are applying for Film Production. In the past, I have heard of people doing it with b-techs.
Also, about the points. The average points is 112 but some of the unis i’m applying to have offered me a lower points total after an interview or seeing my personal statement. Any other questions just lmk <3
I'm 15 in my last year doing my GCSES I want to go towards my hobby and do videography either private solo functions or in a team. Although, I'm a bit nervous as its a big step and I haven't taken media in my gcses as I didn't have an interest in the subject

I don't want to make the wrong decision

Do i need gcse media to get a college course in media or film production.
Original post by rhgfgdgdgdg
I'm 15 in my last year doing my GCSES I want to go towards my hobby and do videography either private solo functions or in a team. Although, I'm a bit nervous as its a big step and I haven't taken media in my gcses as I didn't have an interest in the subject

I don't want to make the wrong decision

Do i need gcse media to get a college course in media or film production.

you don't normally need specific gcses for a levels that aren't in the medical field. they will teach you everything you need to know at college, no prior subjected knowledge is needed don't worry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending