The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling about their after Easter exams!

Hi guy,
Exams can feel very daunting and stop you relaxing like you should over your holidays. How is everyone doing!
Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep
Hi guy,
Exams can feel very daunting and stop you relaxing like you should over your holidays. How is everyone doing!
Hi, I dont know what age group/ academic year group this is aimed to but Im going to jump right in. I have my main mocks that go off to unis after easter and honestly its genuninly right eye opening becuase its right round the corner and I have to revise for them ect. Im stressed but also not stressed if that makes sence? In the way that yes I am stressed because I wont be able to go on further with my career if I dont get the grades ect, but also Im not because if I dont get them then it is what it is.

Lol im just waffling but moral of the story, I really hope I do well:bricks:
Reply 2
Hi guy,
I’m terrified! GCSEs soon and I’m worried I’ll forget everything I’ve learnt and will run out of time to finish! Good luck to anyone with exams soon, don’t ever say it’s too late- if you start now, your grade will end up being much higher! It’s never too late!
Original post by Tatakae L
Hi, I dont know what age group/ academic year group this is aimed to but Im going to jump right in. I have my main mocks that go off to unis after easter and honestly its genuninly right eye opening becuase its right round the corner and I have to revise for them ect. Im stressed but also not stressed if that makes sence? In the way that yes I am stressed because I wont be able to go on further with my career if I dont get the grades ect, but also Im not because if I dont get them then it is what it is.
Lol im just waffling but moral of the story, I really hope I do well:bricks:
Hi there,
I completely get how this could feel scary! All of a sudden it all feels really real doesn’t it. Do you have some good methods on how you would revise? Have you made a revision time table? and do you know what career you are aiming for ?
I am also a stresser so understand how you are feeling. I’ve realised that stressing about is some people’s way of showing you care about it . And this is awesome that you to try and do well!
Best wishes
Emily
Original post by nxstiaxx
I’m terrified! GCSEs soon and I’m worried I’ll forget everything I’ve learnt and will run out of time to finish! Good luck to anyone with exams soon, don’t ever say it’s too late- if you start now, your grade will end up being much higher! It’s never too late!

Brilliant advice!
You seem like you are preparing well no need to be terrified! Have you got any revising methods/ tips that have been helpful ?
Emily
Hi there,
I completely get how this could feel scary! All of a sudden it all feels really real doesn’t it. Do you have some good methods on how you would revise? Have you made a revision time table? and do you know what career you are aiming for ?
I am also a stresser so understand how you are feeling. I’ve realised that stressing about is some people’s way of showing you care about it . And this is awesome that you to try and do well!
Best wishes
Emily

I have a retrospective timetable and Im making them for each subject and then I made a to do list per day following the time table.

I also want to get into medicine hopefuly .
Reply 6
Brilliant advice!
You seem like you are preparing well no need to be terrified! Have you got any revising methods/ tips that have been helpful ?
Emily

Well for sciences and maths definitely! Other subjects aren’t exactly my strong points haha. Since it’s only a month and a half to go, I’d recommend making quick mind maps! Making notes can be very time consuming, and with exams coming soon you might not want to spend too much time doing that as it’s a passive process. Watch some quick videos on cognito for each topic in science that you don’t understand well, make some quick notes, then do some practise questions from websites like physics and maths tutor. I cannot emphasise how important practise questions are! If you don’t do them, you won’t be able to apply knowledge in the way you are expected to in the exams, despite the fact you may know the knowledge. It’s like learning how to kick a ball and actually kicking it- you may know the perfect way to kick a football, but unless you actually practise doing it and start applying your knowledge, then you won’t be able to improve! This is where the grade 7 becomes an 8 or 9! By doing practise questions!

I’m predicted all 9s in maths and science, and I have been applying these methods throughout my entire gcse course (y9-y11), and it has always helped with success! Maybe test out this method for a few days, do a short topic test, and see how you’ve scored- if it’s helped, then I definitely recommend- but otherwise, stick to something that works for you! Everyone has different methods that help, but my friends have tried mine and it’s been quite useful! So I think it’s worth a try:smile:

Don’t get too stressed (as annoying as that advice might be), because you don’t want to get burnt out. You’ll do amazing, I’m sure of it! :smile:

(Also quick note: in English I have an 8 and a 9, and I revise for that by looking at ways to structure essays, as many marks also come from structure- and how you engage the examiner can effect your mark! For your poems, just watch some quick videos and make a mind map for each one, with a handful of quotes from the poem that you could talk about in the real thing).

Sorry for the lengthy message (and any possible errors- I haven’t read it through haha)! I hope it helped in some way to those who are looking for advice!

Best of luck for upcoming exams:smile:

PS, do practise questions! Haha I cannot emphasise how helpful it is! No matter what exam you’re taking!
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Tatakae L
I have a retrospective timetable and Im making them for each subject and then I made a to do list per day following the time table.
I also want to get into medicine hopefuly .

Hi there
Wow medicine! Do you have an idea of where you want to study?
Hi there
Wow medicine! Do you have an idea of where you want to study?

Sheffield hopefully. Its my only option bc I cant move away from home so I have to try my hardest to get in. Im on their widening participation scheme and a couple of other things which help you get in but the rest comes down to me

Quick Reply

Latest