The Student Room Group

Work experience/ opportunities for a level students

Hi, does anyone have any work experience things/ places or opportunities available to students that they would recommend. Doesn't necessarily have to be academic related just opportunities I can take up to build skills and add to my personal statement.
What degree subject are you thinking of applying for?
Reply 2
something cs ot tech related maybe

Original post by PQ
What degree subject are you thinking of applying for?
Original post by studyingsam
Hi, does anyone have any work experience things/ places or opportunities available to students that they would recommend. Doesn't necessarily have to be academic related just opportunities I can take up to build skills and add to my personal statement.

Hi, to give an apt answer to your question, I need to understand in which field of work are you passionate about?
Reply 4
Original post by emily.richards
Hi, to give an apt answer to your question, I need to understand in which field of work are you passionate about?

in the tech industry, i dont have have specific role in mind, i'm trying to keep my options opened
Reply 5
Have a look at any local design, tech or engineering companies, see what you like the look of. Search up their web pages, read a bit about what they all do. Then its just mass emails and phone calls. Tbf any work experience in an environment with teamwork will be beneficial, even if its not at all related to what you want to do. I personally have found smaller independent companies are more likely to offer placements, often as less restrictions on insurance, and there are fewer bosses which often means people are more likely to be open to having students on placement. Thats by no means always the case, but for me personally i have had much more in depth placements at smaller independent companies, two of which then went on to offer me a job. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending