The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial chemical engineering interview 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #11
They can't disclose it because it goes against TSR guidelines (which I found out about after talking about my interview questions for a different course. I can assure you though that this was done unintentionally.).

You applied for two courses at imperial?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Anonymous #10
You applied for two courses at imperial?

No...only 1. Computing.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi everyone, has anyone gotten their invitation to interview for chemical engineering for 2024? Heard imperial has started sending invitations but I haven’t received anything

They just sent me mine yesterday, the chemical engineering department might be more busy this year. My friend got his chemistry interview email the same time I got news that my application has been sent to the department.
Reply 83
Original post by CurtisLee0617
They just sent me mine yesterday, the chemical engineering department might be more busy this year. My friend got his chemistry interview email the same time I got news that my application has been sent to the department.

When did you apply. And what were your predicted
Reply 84
Hi does anyone know if you are disadvantaged if you haven’t been able to do any projects? I was asked this in the interview and I had to say no
Original post by Anonymous #3

I got an interview for Mechanical Engineering today, so they are slowly giving them out I think

I am applying to me mechanical engineering at imperial as well, I have sent my application 4th of November, and has not had any email from imperial except the confirmation that they have received my application, this is concerning I guess I will be rejected then
Original post by -M-M-K-
Hi does anyone know if you are disadvantaged if you haven’t been able to do any projects? I was asked this in the interview and I had to say no

What course are you applying to ?
Reply 87
Original post by Zen Al Saied
What course are you applying to ?

Chem eng
Original post by -M-M-K-
Chem eng

Hi, was ur interview just an interview or did u have any group tasks as well?
Original post by -M-M-K-

i think you should be fine, what type of questions did you get?
Has anyone heard back from imperial yet? They said they would get back by the end of January. Have they started handing out offers?
Has anyone who took interview on 17th recieved heard back any update?
Reply 92
Original post by Anonymous #13
i think you should be fine, what type of questions did you get?

Questions in hindsight weren’t too bad but I did make stupid mistakes throughout but also did correct things. Plus the last question was definitely the hardest and thankfully I got that right so idk
Reply 93
Original post by Anonymous #12
Well, using the course data from 2022 which I found here in a matter of minutes, and by doing some calculations with the data on your quoted course (specific to home applicants, UK-domiciled), I have found that 1 in 5 people received offers for the course you mentioned in 2022... so the 1 in 16 interview ratio and 1 in 20 offer ratio you mentioned is impossible for home students. These statistics (the 1 in 5 thing) is also consistent going back at least a few years. Furthermore, the 2023 cycle has not completed yet so I have no idea what statistics you found!

Basically, what I'm saying is don't pull statistics out of thin air (especially when the real data is easy to procure) since it could really scare some people off applying for courses which they are academically suited for if they hear these sorts of crazy numbers people pull out!

Iv heard that approximately 60% of the people interviewed get offers?
Reply 94
Original post by -M-M-K-
Iv heard that approximately 60% of the people interviewed get offers?

Yeah that sounds about right in terms of numbers. I think that by far the trickiest process to get through is securing an interview.
Original post by -M-M-K-
Questions in hindsight weren’t too bad but I did make stupid mistakes throughout but also did correct things. Plus the last question was definitely the hardest and thankfully I got that right so idk

Do you have any advice in regards to how to prep for the interview?
Original post by ahmed.shahid
Do you have any advice in regards to how to prep for the interview?

whens ur interview
My son has just received 😇🥳
Reply 98
Original post by londonstaredu
My son has just received 😇🥳

Congratulations 😁😁
Do you know when he applied
Original post by Usenrame
Congratulations 😁😁
Do you know when he applied

Thanks. He submitted before 15/11, interviewed 17/1. Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending