The Student Room Group

Aon Graduate Scheme 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ell28
Congratulations on the offer 😀 Could you please provide insight on what the AC consisted of, how you found it etc and any preparation tips? Thanks!

Thanks and best of luck for yours! The AC for me consisted of a brief introduction from the team and then we went straight into the group exercise, try to involve yourself as much as possible without being overly loud, basically try and be collaborative and if you see someone not contributing bonus points if you can get them involved/ask for their views. Then we had the presentation, for this I think they care more about how present in terms of presence and how you're explaining the concepts than what slideshow you're sharing (I didn't make a powerpoint or anything and somehow it worked out for me lol) but that being said do make one if you feel it would help! Then we had an office tour, I had my AC in the London office (and will be working there) and the office is sick lol, also had the chance to ask questions to someone working there who wasn't assessing us which was nice. Then I had my individual interview, expect questions (among others) such as "describe a time when you demonstrated ..." so I mean try and anticipate what might be asked and go from there! Honestly if you've made it this far it's probably because you have a lot of good qualities so just go in there knowing that, while being confident and selling yourself as best as possible without coming off as arrogant or whatever then you have a really good shot at getting the role - best of luck!!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 81
Original post by bluemuffin
Thanks and best of luck for yours! The AC for me consisted of a brief introduction from the team and then we went straight into the group exercise, try to involve yourself as much as possible without being overly loud, basically try and be collaborative and if you see someone not contributing bonus points if you can get them involved/ask for their views. Then we had the presentation, for this I think they care more about how present in terms of presence and how you're explaining the concepts than what slideshow you're sharing (I didn't make a powerpoint or anything and somehow it worked out for me lol) but that being said do make one if you feel it would help! Then we had an office tour, I had my AC in the London office (and will be working there) and the office is sick lol, also had the chance to ask questions to someone working there who wasn't assessing us which was nice. Then I had my individual interview, expect questions (among others) such as "describe a time when you demonstrated ..." so I mean try and anticipate what might be asked and go from there! Honestly if you've made it this far it's probably because you have a lot of good qualities so just go in there knowing that, while being confident and selling yourself as best as possible without coming off as arrogant or whatever then you have a really good shot at getting the role - best of luck!!

Congratulations.

I just got invited to do an online test and need to do so within 48 hours.

Can anyone please expand on the test and what it involves? Is it also timed?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Jaycee_88
Congratulations.

I just got invited to doan online test and need to do so within 48 hours.

Can anyone please expand on the test and what it involves? Is it also timed?

Depends on what role you applied for, I applied for actuarial and I got mostly actuarial related questions and yes I remember mine being timed
Reply 83
Original post by Tarun2910
When did you receive this invite and when did you apply to the role of I may ask. I have "passed" the video interview and am awaiting the invite to an AC :/

how do you know if you passed the VI? did they inform you? if so, what did the message sound like?
Original post by Tarun2910
When did you receive this invite and when did you apply to the role of I may ask. I have "passed" the video interview and am awaiting the invite to an AC :/

Hi,

Could you please tell which role and location you applied.also what was the email you received after the Video interview and when did you receive it?

Thank you
Reply 85
How long does it take for them to get back to you after completing the online test?
Reply 86
Original post by Jaycee_88
How long does it take for them to get back to you after completing the online test?

Hey Jaycee I they got back to me after 1 week of completing the online assessment.
Reply 87
Original post by Ravi045
Hey Jaycee I they got back to me after 1 week of completing the online assessment.

Thanks,

That long huh? I believe the next stage is the interview.

IF I may ask, what kind of questions were there for the video interview? were they motivational questions or strength or what you know about the business?
Reply 88
Original post by grad2425
Just received my feedback report for the VI and it’s the biggest load of crap… it says ‘responses suggest that you may lack confidence when talking with others’ and that I’m only ‘likely’ to do all the other qualities :/ I’m guessing I won’t make it to the next stage now even though I’ve used the same answers in other interviews and I’ve never been rated poorly in these areas

Fyi my feedback report was pretty bad too but I still passed, I think that must mean someone also looks at your responses so fingers crossed.
Reply 89
Did my VI in November, haven't heard anything. Is it safe to say I've been rejected? My feedback was good but reading this thread it doesn't seem very indicative of anything. Applied for employee benefits consulting.
Reply 90
Anyone heard back for commercial risk and reinsurance booking in London?
Reply 91
Original post by elsaruus
Did my VI in November, haven't heard anything. Is it safe to say I've been rejected? My feedback was good but reading this thread it doesn't seem very indicative of anything. Applied for employee benefits consulting.

Hey, I'm the same, but for Rewards Advisory Consulting (they're in the same business area I believe). I haven't seen anyone on this thread who's applied to these areas and heard back. I sent them an email just before Christmas to ask, but no reply. Guess all we can do is wait
I did the video interview for the Data Analytics (Wealth Solutions) scheme in early October but still haven't heard anything back from them, is that normal?
Original post by statsboi2002
I did the video interview for the Data Analytics (Wealth Solutions) scheme in early October but still haven't heard anything back from them, is that normal?

Same thing with me.
Reply 94
Original post by statsboi2002

Same here but I did it for the Development Business Analyst 2024 scheme
Reply 95
Original post by nichew01
Same here but I did it for the Development Business Analyst 2024 scheme

Omg me too! I applied for the development business analyst role but ive only gotten the email today stating they were impressed with my submitted answers and told me they are still shortlisting people for the AC and cannot guarantee everyone a spot and will contact me if im selected. I did my application and finished the interview stage like in October lol, its taking quite a while so im guessing we’ll just have to wait.
Original post by zmil
Congrats !! I hope they email you back soon! How long after after the online interview did they reply back, if you don't mind me asking?

I got the same email, at December 2023, but not hear back from Aon
Reply 97
Original post by Sealvin
Omg me too! I applied for the development business analyst role but ive only gotten the email today stating they were impressed with my submitted answers and told me they are still shortlisting people for the AC and cannot guarantee everyone a spot and will contact me if im selected. I did my application and finished the interview stage like in October lol, its taking quite a while so im guessing we’ll just have to wait.

Did you receive an email from Aon after completing the video interview? Cause I didn't and I haven't receive anything since.

Also, did you receive this email after contacting Aon? Or did they send it to you automatically?
Reply 98
Hello guys - a couple of days ago I received an email saying that they are currently discussing all interviews with the business to build a shortlist for assessment centres. I see a lot of people here have applied for different roles, but has anyone applied for the software developer role?
Reply 99
Original post by nichew01
Did you receive an email from Aon after completing the video interview? Cause I didn't and I haven't receive anything since.

Also, did you receive this email after contacting Aon? Or did they send it to you automatically?

I personally received an email about the AC shortlis from them 2 months after I completed their video interview. They emailed me without me needing to email them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending