The Student Room Group

Take a offer from University or an Apprenticeship?

So I recently got shortlisted for an apprenticeship program. But I'm having a bit of an issue because I also got an offer to study a course at a University. So I'm wondering which one I should go for. My classes in Uni will only be 2 days a week with one in campus even though it's kind of far than where the apprenticeship will be. Whereas, the apprenticeship is much closer and requires 3 days in classroom and 2 online or at a work experience.
Reply 1
Original post by skymoon92
So I recently got shortlisted for an apprenticeship program. But I'm having a bit of an issue because I also got an offer to study a course at a University. So I'm wondering which one I should go for. My classes in Uni will only be 2 days a week with one in campus even though it's kind of far than where the apprenticeship will be. Whereas, the apprenticeship is much closer and requires 3 days in classroom and 2 online or at a work experience.

If the apprenticeship is at a company you’d be aiming to work for after studying at university, then take the apprenticeship.

Undergraduate degrees don’t set you up to be competent within industry. That’s why graduate schemes exist.
Original post by skymoon92

Id deffo go for the apprenticeship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending