The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Official University of York Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

i got an offer for english (AAA) but i'm predicted A*A*C, the C being my spanish grade as the department has really struggled this year. realistically, would i still get a place?
University of York
York
Hello everyone, TSR Goes Green is back where across the site, you can engage in many conversations centring on the environment and nature! @flowersinmyhair made a thread asking whether the campus environment influenced your uni choices, and @Scotland Yard wants to know your opinion on whether unis should ban meat from their menus! Would love to know your thoughts in both threads :smile:!

Click the links below to get involved!

Do you think universities should ban meat from their menus? - The Student Room
Did the campus environment influence your uni decision? - The Student Room

And if you want to get involved with more TSR Goes Green threads that may interest you, look no further: TSR Goes Green! Mk II - 2024 Hub thread - The Student Room
Hi everyone! I have an offer for english lit, does anybody know if there are any group chats for offer holders? :smile:
Original post by georgeorwellluvr
Hi everyone! I have an offer for english lit, does anybody know if there are any group chats for offer holders? :smile:

Add me on snap @hannahdaniels0 so I can add you to the Snapchat group
Original post by Hannahmollyxox

Ah thanks I’ve just added you! My snap is eviestanfordx
Original post by Hannahmollyxox

Hi there, I've gotten an offer for English/Politics (Equal). I'll add you as well, would be great if you could put me on the group too please! my snap is ethan_waxman21 🙂
Hi everyone, I've just firmed York for English/Politics (I am very excited). Does anyone know which colleges are popular this year, and if its worth living on East or West (all of my lectures will be on West)? I am very conflicted, and whilst David Kato, and Anne Lister look really nice, I'm not sure if they are less outgoing, or will have people from my course etc. Will it be easier/better to live on West in Colleges like James or Alcuin?
Reply 167
Original post by Ethan Waxman
Hi everyone, I've just firmed York for English/Politics (I am very excited). Does anyone know which colleges are popular this year, and if its worth living on East or West (all of my lectures will be on West)? I am very conflicted, and whilst David Kato, and Anne Lister look really nice, I'm not sure if they are less outgoing, or will have people from my course etc. Will it be easier/better to live on West in Colleges like James or Alcuin?

There is quite a demand for Kato and Lister since they’re the best value for money. They don’t really have a college reputation yet since they’re so new, whereas obviously the colleges on West have more of a reputation and college spirit (for example a lot of people pick James just to play college sport). It just depends on if you know you can be bothered waking up earlier to treck to a different campus for lectures and seminars, or if you’d rather walk for just a few minutes on west and be there, especially when you have 9ams.
Hi guys, i've just firmed York for medicine, and i was wondering if there is any accomodation that is more favoured/sterotyped for people who also do medicine or other STEM subjects?
Original post by Ethan Waxman

Well I would suggest living outside of York as York stinks pretty bad and the university especially has a bad smell. The students also smell.
Reply 170
Original post by maniK.
Hi guys, i've just firmed York for medicine, and i was wondering if there is any accomodation that is more favoured/sterotyped for people who also do medicine or other STEM subjects?

Most people who do medicine and nursing choose Alcuin
Original post by maniK.

from what i’ve heard alcuin has more stem people!
Original post by Bo77 Tman
Well I would suggest living outside of York as York stinks pretty bad and the university especially has a bad smell. The students also smell.

bro got rejected lmao
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from @University of York for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!! :smile:
Joining University Connect by TSR is another great way to meet people who have applied to the same course as you! The link is here - make your connections now!! :heart:
Click here to join other university offer holder threads!
Joining University Connect by TSR is another great way to meet people who have applied to the same course as you! The link is here - make your connections now!! :heart:
Original post by maniK.

As has been said, many medicine students pick Alcuin, as it is the closest college to the York campus of Hull York Medical School, however there are students studying medicine in every college! I was in Langwith and had multiple friends studying medicine as well as similar subjects like biomed and genetics. I recommend picking accommodation based off which college fits your need best, you'll find people that do your subject regardless.
Original post by ReeceV123
bro got rejected lmao

LOL fr, this clown has been saying this for months and hes admitted to just trolling. not exactly funny when someone might take him seriously and base their life decisions from his nonsense
Are there any group chats for offer holders? Firmed York for psychology! :smile:
Original post by Bo77 Tman

still sat on studentroom saying york stinks, your a weirdo mate
Original post by Anonymous
LOL fr, this clown has been saying this for months and hes admitted to just trolling. not exactly funny when someone might take him seriously and base their life decisions from his nonsense

innit proper weird guy has nothing better to do

Quick Reply

Latest